Principal Security Analyst
Working alongside a diverse team in multiple offices around the globe, you will be responsible for identifying, triaging, and managing threats in the cyber environment. You'll act to ensure that our digital estate is protected from threats both known and unknown.
As an expert Cyber Technologist, you will drive security operations, defence, research and response functions; providing a world-class threat detection and incident response capability. This role requires strategic coordination with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including the representation of cyber related events and initiatives with executive leadership.
This role demands a highly-motivated individual with an expert-level of experience in various operational domains, security design and cyber operations. The successful candidate will focus on establishing and delivering a comprehensive security operations strategy, while providing functional leadership for a multi-disciplined, global threat detection and incident response service.
Communication and proactive engagement are a vital part of the team's interaction with their consumers. You must be detail-oriented and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to remain calm, adapt to dynamic requirements, and continue to deliver with integrity in high-pressure situations is an essential requirement.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- experience with implementing and managing threat detection lifecycle models
- cyber-focused incident response leadership using a blend of human-centric and process automation approaches
- demonstrable experience using information acquisition, normalization, enrichment and correlation (SIEM) platforms in large enterprise environments
- experience leveraging balanced signature and behavioral-based detection techniques, with a view on next generation approaches
- knowledge of implementing and managing intelligence-led threat detection techniques
- experience with developing Red and Purple team capabilities to validate the effectiveness of control and detection planes
- must be willing to maintain intelligence engagement and awareness across industry, commercial, open source, government, and law enforcement domains
- build and maintain expert knowledge of Macquarie's infrastructure, with a focus on proactively identifying security gaps
- work closely with and support each of the CTIR functions
- act as an evangelist for CTIR, both internal and external to Macquarie.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills:
- at least 10 years of experience in a large enterprise or multinational
- proven written and verbal communication skills
- an adaptable character, capable of dealing effectively with colleagues and business users working in a constantly evolving environment
- creative and critical thinking ability, often in a high-stress environment
- ability to work across several technical disciplines and on multiple concurrent projects
- ability to work as part of a seamless global team across multiple countries, cultures and time-zones
- solid knowledge of IT security principles
- strong knowledge of hacker methodologies and toolsets
- experience with tactical surveillance operations
- senior operational experience across multiple domains, with an expert understanding of operating systems, networking and security technologies
- solid understanding of logging, log analysis, correlation and enrichment techniques
- scripting and development experience
- experience working under Agile methodologies like Scrum
- multi-lingual skills preferred.
To join our passionate Technology team, apply online via the links.
Learn more by visiting www.macquarie.com/careers
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group's purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available Advertised:
08 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close: