Product Manager, Jira Service Desk
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
As a Product Manager on the Jira Service Desk (JSD) team at Atlassian, you will advance our mission to unleash the potential in every team and contribute to the building of one of the fastest growing product in Atlassian. Join us and help shape the vision and future of the product. You will focus on one of the strategic themes that culminate in helping our customers build a lean, mean, ITSM machine. You will inspire and energize the product team by defining the vision, evaluating market opportunities, analysing industry trends as well as customer and partner needs, and prioritising features and improvements. Your work will impact thousands of customers including some of the leaders in their industries, as you define the foundations for how teams connect, collaborate, and accomplish amazing things. More about you
You love working hard to make products as amazing as possible for customers. You have prior success setting product vision and strategy and launching excellent products. You can lead the team through setting clear goals, making decisions, and communicating crisply to your team, to leaders across Atlassian, and to our customers and partners. You've got charisma in spades: you're social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure we are all on the same page. Previous experience in the fields of IT Service Management, team collaboration, and enterprise software is a plus.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years of product management background with experience in designing and deploying B2B or B2C ecommerce or SaaS platforms (e.g. product catalog, recommendations, shopping cart, quotes, billing systems, tax, etc.)
- Ability to define the balance between solving the customer problem and the minimum product that allows a team to ship, learn and iterate
- A track record delivering products and experiences globally
- Experience in managing / prioritising product roadmaps and effective stakeholder engagement
- Experience in working in a fast paced, evolving environment, utilising an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery
- Demonstrated success in leading and scaling remote teams without direct authority
- Excellent partnering and collaboration skills with both internal and external partners
- Superior communication skills with the ability to rally a team around the work they are doing, strong story teller who adapts its style based on the audience
- Experience with customer usability (UX & UI) and hypothesis driven experimentation
- High energy, results-oriented self-starter with a positive mindset and with a "can do" attitude. Must be persistent, ambitious, curious and creative with a track record of focusing on the customer and translating customer needs into clear deliverables.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
More about our team
- BS/BA with an emphasis in technology, IT or operations; Masters or MBA preferred
- Experience with ITSM and IT Operations products
- Experience working on enterprise-focused areas (B2B)
The JSD team is responsible for delivering the Jira Service Desk Cloud offering. Jira Service Desk is a recent Service Management solution from Atlassian. Built on top of Jira, Jira Service Desk gives its customers one platform to track service requests, and collaborate with your team behind the scenes to deliver the best service. With Incident management, self-service, SLAs and much more, Jira Service Desk gives you everything you need to setup a robust and intuitive IT service desk. The Jira Service Desk team is comprised of fun, passionate and highly-experienced individuals who all enjoy playing and working together as a team. More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.