Production Engineer - Front Line Operations (Equities)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
The Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) business in Equities consolidates and expands the firm's electronic trade execution. As part of the GSET Engineering team, Production Engineering Frontline partners with trading desks to support execution services for the firm and its clients. The team consists of technical support specialists primarily focused on real-time monitoring, incident response and operational risk management.
This role places you at the heart of our electronic business. Technical support specialists help support the day-to-day operations of the electronic trading systems and the trading desk. The team is expected to interact closely with Trading & Sales business users. As part of a global support team you will provide operational and technical assistance for GSET applications and infrastructure, both for external clients and internal business users. In addition, you will oversee every component of the production environment to identify and resolve production problems as well as assess risk of systems changes and consult on system supportability improvements. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Job Summary
- Provide critical day-to-day production support, incident and crisis management for massive scale, distributed systems.
- Ensure thorough response in entire incident response life cycle.
- Operational risk management of a complex, fast-moving, Equities trading business.
- Proactive management of production services by measuring and monitoring availability, and overall system health.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, reviewing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- The Asia Pac team is spread across Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, China and India. The role requires working as part of the larger global team and collaboratively working with counterparts across the region on both local and global initiatives
- Ability to enhance existing or implement production support tooling preferred
- Solid knowledge and experience in incident management lifecycle.
- Experience supporting applications in a Linux or Unix environment, with sound knowledge of incident and release management process.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with outstanding verbal and written communication skills with other groups, technology teams, and business users.
- Strong, committed and reliable team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical risk.
- A sense of ownership and drive.
- Comfortable communicating technical topics to non-specialist audiences and business stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly understand new systems and technologies
- Ability to multi-task and be effective working in a fast paced environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- History of productive interaction with other groups, especially sales, trading and other technology teams.
- Previous experience of supporting electronic trading environments
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Understanding of key networking concepts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity