- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
Our Quantitative Research team works to solve the mathematical "puzzles" SIG encounters every day in the financial marketplace. SIG's strongest Quantitative Research Analysts are our most creative problem solvers. They are forward thinking and curious about the world of finance. In addition to a strong quantitative background, the ability to communicate with team members (our traders, technologists, and business partners) will lead to success in our quant space.
What you will be doing:
You will join the Quantitative Research team that supports our trading across multiple financial products and Asian markets. This team will give you broad exposure to many areas of SIG's business as you collaborate with members of our research, trading, and development teams.
You will be responsible for making our existing trading strategies better by applying your background, experience, and intuition to our data, driving our next steps and contributing to the success of the firm. To do this, you will have access to large data sets, often terabytes of data, containing billions of records daily . To learn what it's like to be a quant, check out a Day in the Life .
What we're looking for
- A PhD or equivalent degree in mathematics, physics, statistics, finance, engineering, or related discipline
- Programming experience and interest, preferably in C++ or Python
- Experience working with large, often messy, data sets
- Experience in, or desire to learn about, financial products, markets and trading