Regional Implementation Manager Business Controls APAC Office, AVP
As part of the Business Control Team, the role of the Business Control Project Manager / Team Leader is varied and will consist of contributing to or leading implementation initiatives associated with the First Line of Defense including the Global / Regional Risk Management Programs and initiatives driven by the Business Control Executive Network. An essential part of the role will be the ability to communicate, project manage and report on these key initiatives and strong skills and experience in these areas are required.
While maintaining responsibility for the above, the role will also provide opportunities and exposure to a broad spectrum of business / corporate functions, governance structures and compliance and risk management models used throughout the global organisation where your expertise and skillsets will be relied upon within the Business Control Team.
In addition, the development of the first line control environment and ongoing maintenance and validation is a key responsibility of the Business Controls APAC Office. This role will also include responsibilities around controls testing and validation as well as monitoring team deliverables in relation to the annual assurance event schedule.
- Lead and/or project manage the APAC regional implementation of the First Line of Defense Risk Management Program (INFRA), Business functions within the Archer Enterprise Governance Risk and Control (EGRC) Technology Project and supporting deliverables as part of the Global Compass Program to achieve a quality and timely outcome
- Lead and manage the Australian Business Control Team in meeting BAU goals and objectives whilst influencing change within the organisation
- Lead and/or participate as a representative of the Business Control Team in regional or global working groups, facilitate risk workshops or process / control walk through as applicable
- Implement the First Line of Defense Business Control Testing Methodologies to meet global methodologies, assist in training and the buildup of knowledge in key regional locations
- Support management in improving project management design and structures within the Business Controls Team by implementing standards, processes, procedures and templates to support the business in creation of best practices and change management
- Administer, manage and support the annual Control and Testing Assurance Event Program as per the output of the annual Risk Assessment Programs
- Interact with various teams within the region including business groups, support functions, Compliance and Risk Management as required.
- Produce, analyze and distribute project associated status reporting to management
- Periodically communicate and share Business Controls APAC related information and updates across business groups
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired
- 5 Years within either a project management related roles / discipline within the finance industry with a focus on project implementation, controls or risk.
- Proven track record in a change management/program management
- Proven experience in producing project related reports and creating presentations
- Experience in regulatory or risk management process covering annual risk and control self-assessments desired but not essential
- Experience in the conduct of quality control and quality assurance assessments desired but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills across all levels of management
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills with the proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Risk focused with a high attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Ability to quickly and effectively absorb new concepts and business knowledge
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal/external stakeholders to establish key relationships
- Ability to be resilient and agile whilst influencing multiple stakeholders in an evolving and complex business environment