- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
- 23 Jan 18
Relationship Manager Sydney
Relationship Manager Sydney
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Other Location: Asia Pacific
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17053674
Citi Australia is seeking best-in-class relationship managers to join its rapidly growing wealth management business, and support targets to triple the client base and assets under management (AUMs) by 2020.
Leveraging its capabilities as a global bank, Citi Australia is repositioning its wealth management business to focus on meeting the needs of High Net Wealth (HNW) Australians.
Our HNW clients expect only the best when it comes to the management of their wealth, and are increasingly looking to our team of expert relationship managers to guide them towards meeting their goals from a wealth generation and preservation perspective.
To keep up with this demand, we are looking to find individuals who have an entrepreneurial bent and are keen to work for a global company that can elevate their career to the next level.
A Relationship Manager's (RM) primary responsibility is to proactively manage a portfolio of up to 250 affluent, high net worth clients within our 'Citigold ' Segment (clients with approximately $250M - $1MM FUM). You will do this by building strong relationships with your clients and ensuring your clients receive expert advice on Citi's investment, wealth management and treasury products. Critical to your success will by your ability to deepen your client relationships by owning and responding to your clients' complex needs.
You will be responsible for driving sales revenue, increasing the value of your clients' portfolio, deepening your relationships with your clients whilst ensuring a high standard of compliance and control is maintained. In addition to this you will build strong internal relationships with the product teams and other subject matter experts across the franchise to tailor solutions to ensure each customer's unique needs are met.
Relationship Managers play a pivotal role in driving Citi's wealth proposition and strategy. In return we offer best in class training, career development and reward and recognition programs.
Sales and Service:
- Cross-sell and up-sell the client portfolio through the provision of both Wholesale transactions and general financial advice, with a focus on affluent, high net worth clients.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities by completing an Investor Questionnaire and meeting those needs through the sale of appropriate financial products or referring opportunities to the appropriate specialists
- Proactively source and develop new business from internal and external referral networks
- Meet assigned referral, balance sheet growth and activity targets in line with current scorecard
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to achieve business goals and targets.
- Ensure current and prospective clients have a consistent, superior Citibank experience through delivery of outstanding service
- Leverage working knowledge of investment and banking products as required to deepen client relationships
- Actively participate in client activities such as product information seminars
- Ensure up to date knowledge of latest regulations in the finance industry ensuring a proactive approach to understanding current market activities and developments
- Action day-to-day operational and administrative tasks as required
- Maintain a high standard of compliance and control to ensure accurate and error free as well as reducing and minimising critical errors and write offs.
- Comply with established policies and procedures to ensure confidentiality and security of bank and client assets and information
- Maintain a high standard of ethics and conduct for sound banking operations, business success and the bank's reputation
- Adhere to all applicable requirements established by Citi to ensure they are fully committed to its AML/CTF and/or sanctions compliance responsibilities as set out in the relevant Citi Global, Regional and/or Australian AML/CTF and/or Sanctions Policies, Procedures, Standards, Directives and Programs.
Key Requirements & Qualifications
- Degree qualification in Business or Finance related : Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning (RG146)
- Tier 1 or 2 accredited in managed investments, derivatives, Securities and FX
- 5+ years in Financial services industry experience
- Extensive knowledge in investment, wealth management and treasury products
- A proven track record in sales
- Proven relationship management skills dealing with affluent, high net worth clients
- Deep understanding of industry legislative and compliance regime
- Fluent Mandarin communication skills is essential
When you work at Citi, you'll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
Citi is more than a global financial services company. It's an engine for progress. Join us, and you'll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.