Research/HPC Specialist Solution Architect
• Do you want to help ANZ research institutions get more out of their effort?
• Are you great with people?
• Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies?
• Do you have a background in scientific research or HPC technologies?
• Do you thrive for the chance to be consultative while leading technical direction?
• Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a public sector Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS cloud services within strategic accounts.
The Solutions Architecture team owns the on-going technical relationship with customers. Your broad responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad knowledge of how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess communication skills that allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the specialist solution architecture team to ensure customer success in conducting research using or integrating services on the AWS platform.
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Own technical direction and design, and help ensure a timely and successful engagement of customer technical staff or AWS partners for implementation
• Advocate for the customer within AWS. Engage other AWS experts where necessary and drive the AWS roadmap to meet customer requirements.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community
• Provide thought leadership through public presentations and production of technical materials
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems.
While this role is advertised as Sydney, this is an ANZ role and can be performed from other major capitals such as Melbourne or Canberra. This role entails travel to be face to face with customers and sales teams. Expect up to 50% domestic travel.
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AMAZON Web Services, follow the link : Be a Solutions Architect Basic Qualifications
• The right person will combine deep technical ability with excellent people skills, possessing 10+ years of industry experience and strong current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience in a research or HPC domain. Alternatively an experienced researcher who has interacted with research computing, HPC or data science in their work would also be a good match.
• Experience architecting or using infrastructure solutions using HPC schedulers such as SLURM, AWS Batch or data science applications.
• Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions. AWS specific experience a bonus.
• Experience working within the research or education vertical is a bonus.
• Understanding of data structures and metadata frameworks such as ANDS or DCAT a bonus.
• Proficient in verbal and written communication, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Preferred Qualifications
• Computing Science or Mathematics background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
• AWS Certifications
• Background in working with the public sector, especially in the research or education domains.
• Experience in conducting research.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit AMAZON Web Services
**Please note, if your application is successful you will be contacted by email regarding the next steps. Please check your Spam/Junk Mail box**
To all Recruitment Agencies:AMAZON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AMAZON employees or any other company location. AMAZON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.