At Citi, our employees reflect the remarkable range of cultures and perspectives of our clients across the more than 160 countries and jurisdictions where we do business - a powerful advantage that combines global insights with deep local knowledge. We recognize that unique individuals, collaborative teams and inclusive leaders have far-reaching impact and are the engines of new ideas. It's our willingness to embrace the richness of our diverse teams, ideas and possibilities that drives our growth and progress.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group
's unparalleled international financial network serves leading corporations, financial institutions and governments in countries and jurisdictions all over the world from offices in 96 countries
Our Research business is looking for a motivated person to join its highly respected Research team to undertake coverage in the Emerging Growth sector. The role will encompass financial analysis and valuation, organising meetings with company management, suppliers and competitors to develop investing insights and intelligence which will be marketed to Institutional clients and Citi's Sales & Trading desk
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of seven years' experience in the relevant industries either in corporate strategy & development or sell-side research. This will suit a driven and analytical individual who can scrutinise a company's strategy and possesses the client relationship management skills to thrive in a dynamic market facing role. Key accountabilities include:
Skills and experiences required:
- Undertaking bottom up analysis of constituent companies to provide investment recommendations across a diverse range of industries
- Developing and maintaining financial models used to forecast company earnings and company valuations.
- Originate research ideas identifying commercial investing insights
- Publishing written company and industry reports in a clear, succinct and timely manner
- Liaising with and presenting to clients (internal and external) and stakeholders alike
- Assisting internal sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news
- Attending industry and company conferences
- Responding to client requests
Job Family Group:
- Familiarity of equity markets and investment valuation techniques is expected
- Strong financial & analytical skills to critically dissect earning reports and develop detailed financial models to produce rigorously supported valuations.
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills with knowledge of macros a positive
- Ability to articulate investment insights and research in written products
- Ability to demonstrate original thought and sound judgment
- Strong sales skills
- High attention to detail
- Highly motivated ("self-starter")
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Inquisitive and discerning, able to identify and market commercially viable industry insights.
- Tertiary qualification in finance / accounting
- Likely to possess post-graduate qualifications e.g. CFA, MBA, CPA / CA
Research Job Family:
Research Analysis Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting