Research & Design Manager (12 Month Contract/Secondment)
How will I help?
The Research & Design Manager will be responsible for framing research problems, collecting consumer, business and industry data, leveraging all existing research and synthesizing the results into actionable insights to help stakeholders deliver on key business goals.
As part of the Research & Design team you'll be instrumental in embedding the voice of the customer in all of the Group's activity to ensure it's based on strong customer insight and designed to deeply connect with our customers at the times that matter most to them.
You will achieve this by leading primary qualitative and quantitative research initiatives occurring at each stage of the design and development lifecycle and collaborating with our in-house team of researchers and designers whilst also leveraging the relationships, data and insight provided by our research vendors.
This will be backed up by first class analytic and communication skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a desire to create a meaningful improvement in our business performance. What's in it for me?
Joining Westpac has many benefits besides building a long and stable career. You'll be able to purchase leave to facilitate your dreams or obligations and you'll be encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments. You'll also be entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us. What do I need?
To be successful in this role you will ideally have at least 6 years of proven 'hands-on' experience conducting rigorous qualitative and quantitative research projects using multiple design research methods, in addition to practicing design thinking and design research across a range of areas and industries including financial services, in a team environment. You'll have experience as a practicing designer or with a CX measurement background and leading and being accountable for the end-to-end research approach.
The following skills and attributes will also be highly regarded;
What's it like to work there?
- Successfully managing Agile customer and design research and being able to derive strategic outcomes/implications
- Experience with journey mapping, CVPs, empathy mapping, segmentation, NPS
- Experience conducting training and coaching which has led to improvements in working practices, business and customer outcomes
- Workshop facilitation leading to positive outcomes/implication for the project and for the customer
- Proven experience conducting and synthesising both primary and secondary research
- Experience gained in a research agency, consultancy or corporate research function is highly desirable
- An appreciation of applied service design is highly desirable
We aim to provide one big, supportive team to help us reach our vision to become one of the world's great service companies. Working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we're proud to have created a culture where people can be their best, in an environment that values diversity and flexibility. And one where everyone belongs.