Risk Associate Provisioning
Risk Management is responsible for developing the risk frameworks to allow the Group to take conscious exposures to credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks within a Board-approved appetite.
The primary work of the role is to undertake analysis and reporting of credit portfolio data for Risk management and business unit stakeholders including, but not limited to:
Skills and Experience
- Support the production of provisioning and loan impairment expense reports:
- Loan Impairment Expense (LIE) - Develop, maintain, review, agree and communicate accurate LIE reporting for BPB for presenting to the BPB Financial Risk Committee and Group Loan Loss Provisioning Committee.
- Undertake analysis of the LIE results to explain drivers and movements in credit quality and exposures
- Run, maintain and provide assurance for the IFRS9 Collective Provision models. Have an understanding of the models and how it impacts the LIE.
- LIE Scenario Analysis and Stress Testing - working with the relevant teams, assess, analyse and report the impact of material economic or credit stress scenarios from a LIE perspective.
- Assist with establishment and maintenance of well documented, transparent and robust internal controls to ensure that reports and information are validated and reconciled and all regulatory, accounting and audit (internal & external) requirements are met.
- Contribute to the review and interpretation of relevant accounting and regulatory standards and provision of a BPB Risk perspective on loan loss provisioning methodologies and changes thereto
- Undertake additional analysis as required including extraction and collation of data for BPB credit portfolio analysis and reporting ensuring accuracy, consistency with other reporting and fit for purpose
- Grow and sustain strong and productive working relations with business partners and stakeholders including relevant Business Unit Finance teams, Group Provisioning, Group Credit Structuring and Business Risk Teams
- Provide input into data remediation programs and processes to assist with accurate risk and provisioning assessments
- Assist with preparing presentations of results to senior business stakeholders in an impactful manner
- Identify opportunities to improve the quality of reporting output and processes and contributing to improvement initiatives
- Ensure all reporting definitions, business rules and processes are documented
- Undertaking ad hoc analysis, projects and tasks as required
- 1-3 years of experience in financial services
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required (pivot tables, vlookups, index/match etc)
- Demonstrated ability in SAS/SQL programming and software tools or similar applications is highly desirable
- Broad understanding of credit risk management and risk concepts and processes
- Broad understanding of corporate lending and customer segmentation is desirable
- Organisational skills and an ability to work and deliver against deadlines under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and focus on both internal and end-customer outcomes
- Ability to problem solve & come up with potential solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative in identifying opportunities for improvement with both direct team members and also with other stakeholders
This role is initially a 9 Month Secondment
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 09/04/2020