Risk Executive, Regional and Agribusiness
Do work that matters
The role will involve the provision of all aspects of credit services including advisory, credit decisioning and recommendation of applications beyond delegated authority for regional and agribusiness clients, primarily for New South Wales portfolios. Other aspects of the role will include credit monitoring and overview, interpretation of policy, operational risk, training, guidance for both the Risk teams and BB Managers and Bankers, and, furtherance of Risk Management's broader strategic risk initiatives. See yourself in our team
Business Banking Risk Management (BB RM) forms part of the Institutional & Business Banking Risk Management division and specifically, it provides the Business Banking (BB) team with specialist risk services and advice. BB is one of the three client facing business groups within the Commonwealth Bank and provides support to the Group's Corporate, Agricultural and Business clients. In any given week you will be responsible for;
Your path looks like
- Decision credit applications, exercising sound commercial judgment while operating within the parameters of your personal delegation and the stated risk appetite.
- Demonstrating best practice standards of credit origination, analysis, review and recommendation. Deliver insightful advice to internal clients, working with them to ensure a solutions focus for clients and transactions.
- Analysing industry changes which might impact risk outcomes, being able to recognise and recommend appropriate changes to structuring of credit proposals to control and manage these changes.
- Meeting with external clients to develop a thorough understanding of their business, while maintaining the requirement of independent risk assessment.
- Reviewing transaction documentation in consultation with Bankers and legal counsel.
- Working efficiently and effectively to optimise credit decisioning processes and turnaround times.
In this role you will gain experience in:
- Stakeholder Management (e.g. developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders)
- Problem solving (e.g. making decisions and solving problems to achieve optimal outcomes - acting as a self-starter, analysing an issue and its potential impact, bringing
- a range of options and a recommended solution, rather than simply escalating a problem)
- Resiliency - it is an exciting but high intensity environment - you will need to display composure and have the ability to find an effective work/ life balance
On the job development opportunities will be identified for you between you and your manager. They will work with you to create and action your development and career plan We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Experience in a credit risk position, including exercising a personal delegation in a major financial institution.
- High level diversified industry knowledge and experience in Agribusiness risk management.
- Sound understanding of the Regulatory environment.
- Had client relationship management experience.
- Had line management responsibilities and have nurtured and maintained key internal stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in contributing to high performing teams and ability to contribute to a positive team culture.
- Sound influencing and negotiating skills.
- The ability to think outside the box and adapt quickly to new situations.
- The ability to provide sound, consistent credit risk decisions.
- Awareness of relevant industry issues, which might impact on external and internal credit environments affecting credit quality and recommend appropriate changes to system and/or policies.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 27/10/2020