SAP Functional Consultant - PPM / PS
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities Functional Consultant - SAP PPM / PS
As an experienced SAP consultant at IBM Global Business Services, you will deliver innovative business solutions through design, build and test, including systems integration. You will leverage your subject matter expertise and your experience to ensure successful project delivery and client success. We will give you access to unique career opportunities, and a vast and diverse network of talented SAP professionals.
As a lead member of our SAP functional team, you will get the chance to participate in new and existing implementations, developed with the latest technology and tools. At IBM you will find your role has a unique look, combining both strong technical and business skills. This role will require far more than just functional experience with the SAP Project Services (PS) modules; candidates will also need to demonstrate deep consulting skills backed up by practical experience, preferably in a professional consulting organisation.
The successful candidate will have a solid background delivering SAP PS solutions with extensive experience across at least 2 full implementations. The candidate will demonstrate end-to-end project experience that encompasses process design, planning, and management; execution of the build through to go-live is a must. Experience implementing systems based on a templated solution will be highly valued. In addition, a combination of PS and FI/CO skills would be preferred. Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Extensive demonstrable SAP implementation experience, including at least 2 full end-to end project lifecycles, including instances where the candidate has led the PS stream for the project.
- Strong knowledge in the PS domains, including a detailed understanding of the integration points between PS and the modules that connect to the Project Services module. We are looking for a PS expert for this role.
- Previous history performing FITGAP analysis and leading workshops with client business representatives and Process Architects.
- Customisation experience of SAP PS solutions and an understanding of the core data structures and data flows.
- Strong problem-solving skills to drive resolution of defects and issues by understanding client needs and presenting options to resolve the problem.
- An ability to identify, develop and implement solutions in the SAP PPM and PS domains to address gaps to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver high profile activities to tight timescales.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be able to be able to plan and manage own workload (self-directing) with minimal. oversight, escalating where necessary to address potential risks or resolve issues.
- Desired Attributes and Skills:
- Previous experience delivering SAP solutions while working for a professional services consulting organisation will be highly valued.
- Has implemented globally designed template solutions into a regional (subsidiary) market.
- Ambition, excellent leadership skills and a talent for building successful client relationships will be highly valued.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise