SAP Test Manager
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM'ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities SAP Test Manager
As a Test Specialist at IBM, you will be working with our SAP teams to plan and manage the testing streams on our SAP implementation projects. Your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM'ers and our clients.
We expect you to have a solid background in the Testing domain, with a very specific focus on the testing lifecycle of SAP solutions, (particularly SAP ECC and S/4HANA), with at least 3 full implementations of demonstrable experience as the Testing Manager in previous SAP projects. Proven leadership experience, stakeholder management, planning and managing execution of testing streams in implementation projects are the key requirements of the role. This role will suit testing professionals with strong client-facing skills, coming from an SI/Consulting background, who have with working in an SAP implementation project. Responsibilities
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Working with client teams (locally and globally) to set up a test concept/strategy/approach, design of test strategy, planning test activities test stages and methods.
- Define requirements and coordinate setup of the technical test environment, test data management and test tool selection.
- Review of project deliverables (test concept, test cases, scripts, test documentation, test reporting, error handling) and managing acceptance with client stakeholders.
- Monitoring and controlling test process quality and results.
- Guidance and coaching by defining documentation and conventions.
- Coordination and administration of all test activities.
- Management of the execution of testing across both local and remote teams across all testing phases within the program.
- Test execution management including triage management and daily status reporting during test execution phases.
- Conception and execution of non-functional tests (e.g. stress, performance, penetration) as defined in test strategy.
- Issue and error handling and reporting.
- Conduct test project reviews, lessons learned.
- Understands and ensures that quality standards are met.
- Applies methods and KM tools appropriate to specific needs of the project.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of materials and delivery.
- Significant, demonstrable SAP experience across multiple projects planning and managing the execution of all phases of testing (both functional and non-functional).
- Experience delivering testing execution using remote offshore teams.
- Exposure to a wide range of industry standard test execution suites.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently with senior management stakeholders (up to C-suite).
- Consulting experience in excess of 5 years at the level of Manager or above.
- Strong client relationship management and engagement skills. Ambition, excellent leadership skills and a talent for building successful client relationships will be highly valued.
- The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- A love of working with people in a team-focused environment.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture.
- The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise