SSGA APAC Regional Business Control lead
The responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain a holistic view of processes, risks and controls for the region. Provide appropriate reporting to BCE and Regional Management.
- Ensure successful delivery of all applicable Business Controls risk and controls initiatives across both Regulatory and Operational Risk in accordance with relevant policies and framework(s).
- Oversee Assurance Reviews for quality and timeliness of execution and reporting; escalate areas of concern.
- Lead a team to execute the Business Control principles and work closely with process and control Subject Matter Experts in each SSGA first line function to ensure their effective adoption.
- Strengthen the collaboration and coordination between the First Line, Compliance Risk, Audit and Legal.
- Act as an advisor to the first line in the area of risk assessment and controls development and increase collaboration with Business Control Sponsors and other first line stakeholders
- Help drive Business Controls management of the various risk and compliance programs including Risk & Control Self- Assessment (RCSA), and Material Risk Inventory (MRI).
- Working with Operational Risk, using the Corporate strategy to implement a regional ongoing assurance program to monitor control environment. This will include end to end issue management based on defined metrics aligned to the relevant risk appetite statements.
- Identify and communicate timely high risk observations to BCE and regional executive management
- Drive transparent and collaborative communications ensuring risks (regulatory, operational, reputational, etc.) are shared timely and appropriately with key functions including second and third line.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters or other advanced degree preferred
- 10 years financial services experience with a large financial services firm or advisory/consulting firm including experience as an internal auditor
- Broad based experience focused on risk management, or regulatory compliance, control programs and project management
- Proven ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels within the organization and build strong professional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects and act as change agent
- Knowledgeable about processes, risks, controls and controls design
- Strong English language skills, both written and oral
- Strong MS Excel / database management skills
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and meet bold deadlines and goals