Securities Services Technology Lead
The Applications Development Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities.
The role will be in the Securities Services Technology team, and will involve development and support of software applications used by Custody and Funds Administration Business. Key responsibilities will include working with business and technology teams to analyze business requirements and develop functional technology solutions.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to a diverse project and application set and will have the opportunity to further develop business, technical and industry knowledge.
The role requires a high degree of collaboration with regional Security Services technology teams and with other technology departments including Infrastructure (CTI), and business units. Responsibilities:
- Manage one or more Applications Development teams in an effort to accomplish established goals as well as conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Review and analyze proposed technical solutions for projects
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for applications development and other functional areas
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual data in complicated and unique situations
- Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in the Financial Service industry
- Experience as Applications Development Manager
- Experience as senior level in an Applications Development role
- Stakeholder and people management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven project management skills
- Basic knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .