Senior Analyst Engineer
The Wealth MLC Analytic Hub will enable data sharing across multiple business lines for insights, reporting, advanced analytics and bulk data access, we require passionate and curious Data Engineers to join our teams for the design and delivery of high quality and secure data pipeline solutions that will result in a positive business impact.
The Data Engineer will be consulting within Enterprise Data Warehouse value-streams to design and develop end to end data engineering and analytic solutions. You will get to know Wealth's business intimately to enable consumers of data to make informed, data-driven decisions. You will use your analytical skills to query large data-sets to identify root cause analysis, defect fixes from existing projects.
Other day to day responsibilities will include:
Your skills and experience:
- Design and delivery of solutions for upcoming data consumption projects from both existing data warehouse and the data lake
- Manipulating data to make it consumable and creating the infrastructure to support it
- Identifying data sources, we need based on the reporting and information needs
- Designing, testing and implementing the ETL program
- Enhance availability, performance and stability of services as well as automation
- Building and optimizing SQL queries
You will have proven experience in large scale data transformation, design and solution delivery experience of high-quality data processing pipelines and solutions within a professional services environment.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong core SQL skills, especially when it comes to developing complex reporting queries
- Experience in implementing and supporting Datastage/ETL
- Expertise in designing and building maintainable and scalable end to end big data solutions in HDFS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Hive, EMR and Python or other similar tools
- Extensive knowledge of core AWS data services such as: S3, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena, DynamoDB, EMR, Kinesis, Kinesis Firehouse
- Experience of on-premise data solutions and migration tools & strategies such as: hybrid On-Premise to Cloud architecture, Cloud to Cloud architecture
- Knowledge of core AWS security and networking services such as: KMS, IAM, VPC, Direct Connect, CloudFront etc.
To be successful you will need to be self-motivated, capable of taking initiative and contributing to the team. You will be passionate about championing a culture of continuous improvement, continuous delivery and operational excellence while working in a collaborative way with the team and broader business. Your new team
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
05 Dec 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time