Senior Analyst Risk and Control Advisory and Delivery
Do work that matters:
- You are strategic and a driven problem solver
- We are a diverse team focused on building a simpler, better bank
CommSec consists of the CommSec (retail) and CommSec Adviser Services (wholesale) online brokerage businesses.
CommSec Line 1 Risk is a specialised team that provides impartial advice, hands on assistance with risk incidents, education and review services to support risk management across CommSec. The team also performs key controls relating to the investment lending and trade settlement business. The CommSec Line 1 Risk team operates inside CommSec but outside the day to day business activities and creates , delivers quality and implements commercial solutions.
Risk management is a foundational component of the CommSec strategy. The purpose of this position is to support the team as it provides Line 1 Risk guidance to the CommSec and CAS businesses and to execute the range of services that support CommSec governance and risk management More specifically you will:
- Assisting and supporting the Line 1 Risk Team to execute the team strategy to support risk management objectives across CommSec.
- Assisting and supporting the maintenance of all aspects of the Operational risk and Compliance Framework to ensure its accuracy and relevance to the CommSec business.
- Assisting with the risk management processes across CommSec, coordinating with business and Line 2 risk teams, including risks related to new products and new business activities.
- Assisting in the managing of CommSec governance forums including ensuring consistent messaging, preparation of reporting packs, and maintenance of the agenda, taking minutes and monitoring actions.
- Assisting with the analysis, tracking and reporting on the CommSec Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) and Key Risk Indicators (KRI).
- Responsible for reporting on operational risk and control profiles, issues, incidents and other matters.
- Assisting with the maintenance of relevant CommSec Risk Profiles.
- Responsible for gathering information to support regulatory reporting obligations.
- Performance of Line 1 controls assurance testing and assisting in the management and execution of key controls.
- Assisting in the investigation of incidents where required and coordinating the business response to incidents, crisis management and remediation of issues.
- Investigating and assessing topical risk and control issues, providing advice on risk mitigation strategies and reporting recommendations to management and appropriate governance forums.
Successful execution of the Line 1 Risk objectives allows CommSec the confidence that risk related items will be identified and managed to allow the business to achieve its strategic objectives We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- You have experience in or exposure to the stockbroking or financial services industry.
- Understanding of governance, risk management concepts and processes.
- You are passionate about solving challenging business problems by combining business acumen with data driven insights
- You are a proactive and self-starting individual with critical thinking capability, attention to detail and excellent communication (verbal/written) skills.
- Tertiary qualification (business, finance, governance or risk management) are required.
- Understanding of equities, stockbroking and investment lending businesses and associated regulatory environments (ASX/ASIC) is desired.
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CA) are an advantage.
Working in Line 1 Risk will provide excellent experience and exposure across CommSec in governance and risk related areas and will contribute strongly to the development of a robust career in risk management and/or a springboard into a direct business role as risk skills are highly desirable in today's market.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 08/04/2020