Senior Architect - Server Enterprise
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Team Server is responsible for the self-hosted versions of the Atlassian products everyone knows and loves. Team Server has been incredibly successful over the last 4 years in delivering products at increasing scale and complexity. Team Server Enterprise is focussed on our biggest customers as their needs become more complex and demanding. The most successful companies in the world rely on our solutions to deliver critical business infrastructure. But our story is evolving, more and more of our customers are moving to private Cloud and are engaging with SaaS vendors including our own offerings.
The person in this role will answer these questions for our customer:
- How do we tell a story to our customers about scale and performance in a private Cloud world?
- How do we tell a story to our customers about an increasingly hybrid (self-hosted blended with SaaS) world?
- How do we define our architecture to leverage these new platforms and tell a story about the Cloudy future?
- How do we bridge our customers from their self hosted world to the future of Atlassian which is our SaaS Enterprise offering?
- Building a 3 year architectural vision for our Server Enterprise products.
- Considering the needs of existing customers and the overall Atlassian strategy in building out this vision.
- Partnering with the senior product leadership of all our existing self hosted products.
- Leading from the front in terms of deep technical expertise, and using these skills to inspire, motivate and mentor our more senior technical staff.
- Considering the industry trends and directions when building out this 3 year architectural vision.
- Leading the existing set of architects to a cohesive vision that considers the existing architecture of our products.
- Partnering with Cloud Enterprise technical leadership in shaping a vision that underpins the success of Team Server Enterprise for the next five years and draws a strong clear line to Cloud Enterprise for our biggest customers.
The ideal candidate will:
More about our benefits
- Have walked the walk in regards to bringing self hosted applications to a Cloud world.
- Have large enterprise software deployment expertise in on-premise and cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Be an authority on large scale application development, including clustering methodologies, with demonstrated knowledge in application performance measurement and optimization.
- Have demonstrated experience in influencing multi-functional teams and guiding complex technical initiatives to successful conclusion.
- "get" the Enterprise, and will have demonstrated experience in solving the particular needs of Enterprise customers.
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.