Senior Business Analyst – Tax & Superannuation
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value-driven fast-paced fintech company and we are committed to develop the banking technology of tomorrow.
Leading banks and wealth managers in all major financial centres rely on our software and services, and this unique community grows every day.
Avaloq Australia Delivery Organization acts as a trusted advisor to our clients on their Avaloq related initiatives. We are looking for people who are driven and ambitious, who can lead from the front and deliver on objectives. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and will have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the ongoing success of Avaloq Australia.
As a Business Analyst at Avaloq, you will have the chance to establish a varied career in consultancy and/or project management by working for one of the leading providers of FinTech solutions to wealth managers and banks.
The purpose of this role is to bring deep Superannuation and Taxation industry experience to the team and lead direct analysis and discussions with client SMEs while guiding the implementations' teams on industry best practices to solve business challenges through technology.
Business Analysis & Solution Definition:
- Advise clients and implementation teams on the industry best practices involving Superannuation administration and wealth platforms in general
- Understand Tax & Regulatory topics and work with the client to elicit targeted business requirements around these areas
- Review "As-is" processes and define optimal 'To-be' processes relevant for Superannuation administration and Tax processing
- Drive outcome-based workshops with clients
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommend solutions/best practice
- Supports sales presentation and present them in internal and external workshops
- Provide advice on how to optimize the use of Avaloq Australian Master and related tools
- Work independently, with guidance in more complex situations
Client Relationships : Support the project managers/account managers in maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers. You should be able to lead through influence to align all stakeholders, internal and external, to achieve the desired outcomes.
Coaching: The role will not have any direct people management responsibilities; however, it is expected that you develop expertise in multiple areas across Avaloq applications and coach your peers and juniors on those areas.
What you need
- 8+ Years of experience working in the Superannuation industry, ideally with a software or platform provider in Australia
- Strong experience in Superannuation Regulatory topics and understanding of superannuation structures, administrations complexities and Australian Investment Taxation
- Be aware of the latest regulatory changes affecting the Superannuation industry
- Be able to work with teams from different level of seniority and skills
- Well structured thought process and ability to transfer this knowledge explicitly in documentation
- Ability to autonomously get around in a highly challenging, fast paced and complex environment
- Client centricity - listening to the client, proposing the best outcomes for the client, even if it is to propose a standardized solution
You will get extra points for the following
- Experience in Technology-related or Business-related change projects
- Cross functional experience within Wealth, Superannuation and Taxation
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove yourself as a super-star, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Depending on the performance in the respective year, Avaloq aims to share the success with all employees by paying out so called Success Share Units.