Senior Consultant - Operations Integration
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you have a background in enterprise IT operations, and a passion for driving innovation into existing IT organizations? Are you comfortable working on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high-impact projects blending the newest technology with existing operational methodologies and tooling?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical and experienced consultants specializing in Operations Integration (OI) to help our enterprise customers understand, plan and implement best practices around managing and operating their AWS cloud environments. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, re-usable artifacts, reference architectures, and lead implementation projects to assist some of the world's leading enterprises in the integration of new, or their existing, operational toolsets with the AWS platform. Professional Services engagements will focus on key customer solutions in large enterprises, assisting in enabling their integration with existing enterprise operational systems and processes.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Passionate advocates of Cloud technologies looking to work on AWS projects
• Working on the cutting edge of innovative AWS products and services
• Maintaining domain knowledge and expertise in mainstream enterprise operations management tooling
• Implementing and extending frameworks and methodologies commonly used by enterprises to achieve operational maturity
• Work as a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation
• Architecting operational setup for Enterprise customers ensuring effective and efficient use and management of the Cloud.
• Creating code assets, tools and connectors to accelerate customer projects. Helping customers identify gaps - tools, skills, process to accelerate their business growth using the cloud)
• Setting-up and configuring AWS services in-line with best practices. Creating, measuring, sharing Cloud Operations best practices)
• Coaching customers and partner teams to be self-sufficient
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn how to leverage their existing investment in operational capability and tooling.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements, specifically focused on Cloud Operating Model, and IT and Business Operations integrations.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS Cloud services that often span across private cloud and public cloud environments. Engagements will define the operating model required, ensuring proper integration and adaption of existing enterprise operations monitoring, and orchestration systems to extend an enterprises capabilities into AWS cloud services.
• Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services. Contribute to best practice in the form of whitepapers and playbooks.
• Partnering - Work with new vendors to help them become MSPs and enable and upskill existing partners. Basic Qualifications
• Strong experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
• Strong experience in facilitating workshops and presenting to senior stakeholders ie. GM, Director, CIO, CTO, CSO
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing significant IT implementation and operations experience
• Track record of delivering business and IT processes and understanding of modern application delivery (such as Agile, DevOps, CloudOps, CI/CD Pipelines etc.) and how to transition operations from traditional approaches to supporting product lead teams
• Understanding of enterprise IT operational capabilities - examples include Change, Release, Incident Management, infrastructure management or applications management
• Experience of leading teams with a mix of technical and operational roles Preferred Qualifications
• Understanding of how cloud operations and infrastructure teams function, their core responsibilities and interfaces
• Understanding the change in responsibility and accountability that comes with making the most of cloud transformation program
• Strong experience building sophisticated and automated operational management platforms in a Cloud or On-Premises environment, particularly building service integration capabilities between multiple platforms
• Integration of AWS cloud management services (e.g. CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM) with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud and on-premises environment
• Building and maintaining run-book style automation or orchestration platforms in global, distributed Enterprise IT environments
• Deploying and managing operations and monitoring tools such as MS System Center, HP OpenView, BMC, Tivoli, Nagios, SiteScope, etc.
• Previous experience working with CMDB and change management solutions such as Remedy, Atrium, ServiceNow, CA etc
• Management of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) servers such as Jenkins, Atlassian Dev Tools and TeamCity
This role requires someone with the ability to be mobile and open to travel to client locations as and when required.