Senior Consultant - US Tax - GMS Advisory
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 24 Apr 18
See job description for detailsKPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG's US Tax Advisory team in Sydney is growing and is looking for high-performing Senior Consultants.
Do you have practical US Individual or Corporate tax experience, and ideally post-graduate study in International Tax? Above all, is it your aspiration to be an US Tax specialist?
If so, KPMG will give you the opportunity to be a key part of our team - not just a number - and the platform to make the most of your talents.
Your new role
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing tax advice and US tax compliance to HNW US citizens in Australia.
- Advising Australian companies on US employer tax obligations arising from their globally mobile workforce.
- National team with a strong growth mindset.
- Opportunities for future progression within the firm.
- Experience in doing US tax compliance and advisory work for cross-border executives, HNW clients and streamlined voluntary disclosures.
- Experience in Australian tax preferred but not essential.
- Ability to build strong client relationships to develop new opportunities.
- EA (Enrolled Agent) or US CPA qualified preferred.
- Ability to provide a high level of client service.
- Strong tax technical skills.
This role is positioned in a fast and agile environment and will give the successful applicant access to the entire Deals, Tax & Legal divisions operations.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 03 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 09 May 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time