Senior Developer Electronic Trading
- Competitive salary & performance benefits
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Developer with a strong background in trading systems.
- Dynamic and results driven environment
- Sydney Dealing room based role
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
About the role
An outstanding new opportunity has become available for an experienced developer within the markets electronic trading team. Working in a dynamic and collegiate trading room environment, the role focuses on building out connectivity to market venues and expanding the market making and algorithmic trading capabilities of the platform.
- Develop and support the electronic trading platform:
- Enhance and expand in-house pricing and risk management components, including connectivity to different venues
- Deliver scalable and high availability services, demonstrating accountability for the implementation and operation of the platform
- Support the platform in conjunction with the global development team and designated support teams
- Develop high performance financial markets applications in collaboration with colleagues:
- Develop and maintain high coding standards in Java to an expert level. Knowledge of Python, Q (kdb) and R also beneficial
- Understand the functional and non-functional requirements of building and running systems in an electronic trading environment
- Exhibit a disciplined and collaborative approach to software development, evidenced by flexible, maintainable, peer reviewed code
As the successful candidate you’ll be a highly experienced developer with a minimum of 5 years professional background in financial markets. You’ll have a proven history of collaboration with traders, quants and developers to deliver critical system components from design through to production, and bring a high level of domain knowledge in market making, algorithmic trading and market connectivity. It is highly desirable that you have experience in fixed income and/or foreign exchange asset classes and be eager to expand your knowledge in financial products within the context of electronic trading.
Further technical skills and experience will include:
- A detailed understanding of market data and order protocols e.g. FIX/ITCH/OUCH
- Networking, messaging architecture (TCP, UDP unicast/multicast, reliable, guaranteed)
- Unix systems (Redhat)
- Building highly performant, reliable systems in a high throughput low latency environment using core Java (Data Structures, Concurrency, Memory Allocation, GC, OOP)
What we offer
This rewarding opportunity will see you working within the front office electronic trading team, focused on creating a best in class platform and delivering the best experience to our customers.
You'll be rewarded with a structured career path that offers a competitive market salary, annual performance incentives, and a flexible working environment.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.