Senior Futures and Prime Finance Application Support Analyst
Citi, the top tier global financial services company, does business in over 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a range of financial products and services. Citi has cultivated the world's largest financial services network. Today, Citi is built on the experience of 300,000 employees. Citi is deeply embed in the financial services sector and represent in nearly every asset-class.
Citi provides technical and business support for local and global applications used by Markets Front Office Trading Desks and Middle Office/Back Office Operations users. Citi is searching for a highly motivated, strong communicator who will be able to discuss issues with Product/Business users and technical users across all levels.
Given the close working relationship between Technology and Business desks, knowledge of the Markets business is a mandatory requirement. Job Description Summary:
We have an opportunity for an Application Support Lead Analyst to join the Australia Markets Production Support team with primary support responsibilities across the Futures and Prime Finance desks in Australia and additionally across the globe.
In this role, the successful candidate will liaise closely with colleagues in Sydney, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore (and other APAC countries) as well as North America to ensure seamless global coverage of applications around the clock. The successful candidate will also work with Global Prime Finance and Futures Development teams and Business Units.
Occasional requirements to provide weekend coverage to support application and infrastructure release cycles, participate in disaster recovery testing, and to provide general production support is expected. Responsibilities:
- The Apps Support Tech Lead Analyst is responsible to partner with multiple technology teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; identify and define necessary system enhancements; analyze existing system logic, identify problems; and recommend and implements solutions.
- Provides expertise in area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of apps support.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives for complex, high impact application enhancements and problem resolution through in-depth analysis and evaluation of complex business processes, systems and industry standards; documents requirements.
- Partners with multiple technology areas and management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals.
- Works closely with Product Owners, Business Analysts and Systems Analysts to determine and document Systems impacts and support requirements
- Considers the implications of the application of technology to the current environment.
- Identifies risks, vulnerabilities and security issues; communicates impact; proposes risk mitigation options.
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts; allocates work.
- Provides in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Directly impacts the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services.
- Persuades and influences others through strong and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Professionally handle all issues including major incidents, ensure all productions issues are logged and up to date as per policies and procedures. Follow through to ensure each problem is resolved according to SLA.
- Take part in regular change control process to ensure any releases into production systems are carefully tested and reviewed; handover documentation is adequate and verified. Perform post release checkouts after application releases and infrastructure updates.
- Deep involvement in Production support initiatives covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness.
- Be able to confidently manage regulatory and audit related matters.
- 6-10 years experience
- Practical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- Experience working or leading requirement gathering efforts for multiple large development projects at one-time
- Proficient using basic technical tools and systems
- Strong Incident, Problem and Change management skills
- Strong business knowledge and understanding of Markets
- Experience with Messaging technologies (Tibco EMS, NDM, MQ)
- Experience with real-time monitoring systems such as ITRS Geneos
- Experience with scheduling tools such as autosys
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as ServiceNow
- Experience with various Operating Systems (Windows, Unix, Solaris, Linux, AIX)
- Experience with various databases (Oracle, Sybase)
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .