Our client is one of the leading Fund administrators globally with a fast growing presence in APAC. Due to their rapid expansion, their Sydney office is currently looking to bring on board a Senior Hedge Fund Accountant.
- Preparation and reviewing of a portfolio of Hedge Funds' accounts and records
- Participate in client service review meeting. Liaising with clients on a regular basis
- Reviewing reconciliations prepared by offshore partners, liaising with client and prime brokers to promptly resolve variances
- Periodic review of fund documents, operating memorandum and pricing policy
- Liaison with auditors, including preparation of financial statements and audit support schedule
- Assist in coaching and developing junior team members for their individual development.
- Promote strong team spirit and a healthy working atmosphere
- Able to escalate in the event of any operational control deficiency and provide suggestions to mitigate risk
- Participation in ad hoc projects
- Degree holder preferably in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 2 - 3 years’ experience in alternative investments, especially hedge funds
- Good understanding of investment products, performance fee calculations, various fund structures, side pockets and distribution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, detail oriented individual
- Excellent client services skills, ability to work within a team toward timely and accurate production
- Proficient in Bloomberg and Microsoft Office (eg. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)