Senior Index Data Sales Specialist
- Base + Bonus
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- MSCI Hong Kong Ltd
- 06 Nov 17 2017-11-06
Index Sales Specialists are responsible for maintaining and expanding existing client relationships as well as new business development for MSCI index products.
Working at MSCI as a Senior Index Sales Specialist for the Asset Management and Broker client segments, you will be a member of the Client Coverage team based in Sydney and cover Australia and New Zealand client base. Index Sales Specialists are responsible for maintaining and expanding existing client relationships as well as new business development for MSCI index products. Index Sales Specialists travel within their respective sales territory to meet with clients and prospects regarding new index products as well as enhancements to existing products.
The role entails positioning and licensing MSCI's global indexes to current and prospective clients. This is a highly visible position with involvement in all aspects of account management, including senior level relationship management, in-depth discussions regarding MSCI's index methodology, commercial terms and contract negotiation, closing sales, and product setup and delivery. Education on the product enhancements and evolution of how our indexes are used by the investment community is ongoing.
In this role, you will work very closely with Product Management, Global Client Service, Client Consultants, Marketing, Global Sales colleagues, Legal and Finance.
Scope of Responsibility
- Total Relationship Management involving:
- Senior level management contact
- Strategic planning within territory and key accounts
- Strive to achieve or exceed targeted revenue goals
- New product placement
- Identification of opportunities across other business segments
- Ability to answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Proactively keep all clients up to date about MSCI products, etc
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
Desired Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent experience;
- CFA charter holder, while not required would be advantageous
- Thorough understanding of the investment management process
- At least nine years of experience in the financial service industry with a minimum of five years direct sales experience which should include a proven record of accomplishment
- An understanding of/experience in dealing with major financial institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker Dealers, Superannuation Funds, and/or Consultants
- Strong lead generation, business development and sales closing skills
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple detail-oriented projects
- Strong understanding of the global equity market
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team