- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
- 21 Feb 18
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Security
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17058897
Citi is more than a global financial services company. It's an engine for progress. Join us, and you'll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We've built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
Citi's Investigation Services team forms part of the broader Citi Security and Investigative Services (CSIS) business. The CSIS team is responsible for supporting the Australian and New Zealand business and ensuring the company interests are protected. As well as local reporting lines and responsibilities, the CSIS Australia Team for part of the CSIS ASPAC Regional team and will assist in wider cross border investigations and security initiatives as required.
The Senior Investigator is responsible for providing the business with a high degree of expertise covering, internal, fraud, ethics or regulatory investigations and any other matters that arise. The Senior Investigator will partner with all levels of stake holders across the Institutional, Corporate and Consumer Bank and Operations and Technology Business and work close with Compliance, Legal and Human Resources departments.
The responsibilities of a Senior Investigator include:
- Investigating financial crimes, internal wrongdoing, ethics concerns and will investigate any other allegations as directed by CSIS management.
- A strong understanding of statutory requirements as well as regulatory requirements and frameworks.
- End to end investigation from conducting interviews, gathering evidence, taking statements, analyzing and writing reports.
- Having a strong understanding of Citi's policies and processes and how they apply more broadly from a risk conduct perspective.
- Strong understanding of retail and banking products and the regulatory framework surrounding them.
- Providing expert advice and consulting with a broad range of stakeholders on matters.
- Working with external bodies i.e. law enforcement, external law firms, and related professionals during the course of the investigative process.
- Participating in criminal, civil and Country/Regional Disciplinary Committee proceedings as required
- Travelling as directed or required throughout the region to conduct investigations and support other CSIS staff as required
- Working closely with the CSIS Investigations Manager in identifying key cases for escalation to senior CSIS management
- Utilizing the CSIS Global Operating Platforms: Perspective / Perspective Financial / ECOMS / VALLAR for the recording and management of incident/case investigations
- Any other reasonable task as directed by CSIS management
To be successful in this position you will have the following skills and experience:
- 10 years' experience working in Banking and Financial Services in Investigations or Compliance
- Knowledge of local regulations and statutory legislation and frameworks
- Banking product knowledge - across Institutional, Corporate and Consumer Bank an advantage
- Tertiary education
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to formulate and articulate investigation strategies and solutions to all levels of management in a context that aligns with the corporate culture of the organization
- Strong stakeholder engagement and the ability to build strong partnerships across the business
- Strong proven investigative reporting and writing skills
- The ability to effectively build strong external relationships with local government and law enforcement and other information sources
- Experience interviewing, evidence gathering, fact finding, analysis of information and report writing
- Knowledge of relevant and criminal laws concepts and procedures
- Knowledge of financial services products and services, controls and compliance frameworks
- Experienced in preparing a brief of evidence for civil or criminal action
- Strong focus and knowledge of risk conduct
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload to ensure the needs of the business are met and risk exposure is mitigated
- Strong analytical and attention to detail
- Ability to manage conflicts and conduct difficult discussions when necessary