Senior Investment Analyst - Property
- Attractive Remuneration Package + Bonus AUD
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- First State Super
- 05 Sep 18 2018-09-05
About Us First State Super was established in 1992 and today, we are one of Australia's largest super funds with more than 770,000 members. We are the custodians of a combined superannuation and retirement savings asset pool of over $89 billion. Our head office is in Sydney, and we have offices throughout NSW, Victoria, the ACT and Western Australia. We have more than 500 employees servicing the needs of our members and employers.
As a public offer fund, we are open to anyone. We are a 'profit for member' fund, which means any surplus or profit we generate are used to improve the range and quality of services we provide to members.
The majority of our members are employed in the public sector, education, health and community services, police and emergency services.
Our guiding philosophy is 'members first'. This means our members are always our top priority when we are evaluating new product and service initiatives. Our members really are at the heart of everything we do.
First State Super has been granted the Employer Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) citation for 2018. This is the second year in a row we have received this citation, which is a clear representation of our commitment to gender equality in our business.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Investment Analyst to join our Investments team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Portfolio Manager for Property, you will be responsible for leading investment due diligence on investment opportunities across the Property portfolio in close coordination with others in the team to meet our members' investment objectives. You will be accountable for researching global and local property markets including specific sector research to assist the Property team in making well-informed investment decisions. You will also contribute to activities across the broader Investment team, driving continual improvement initiatives to enable the team to deliver its services in the simplest, most efficient and member-focused way.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
As a Senior Investment Analyst for the Property team, you will be required to:
- Assist with the management of the existing First State Super and StatePlus property portfolios;
- Assist in the identification and prioritisation of target investments which are in line with the approved investment strategies and meet the total portfolio objectives;
- Take the lead on the due diligence of new opportunities in the property portfolio (e.g. mergers & acquisitions, public-to-private investments, private equity investments in property related companies, joint ventures and mandates/co-investments);
- Build financial models, write investment papers and present to the First State Super Management Investment Committee (MIC), Investment Committee (IC) and the Direct Asset Committee (DAC); and
- Provide ongoing management, monitoring and reporting on the performance of the assets of the fund and the strategies to the MIC, IC and First State Super members.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification specific to the finance industry;
- At minimum 5 years' experience in property investments;
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions, public-to-private investments, private equity investments in property related companies and joint ventures;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent financial modelling and analytical skills;
- Strong macro-economic research skills and in-depth knowledge of capital markets and property sectors both locally and globally, across a range of traditional and alternative sectors;
- Ability to build trusted relationships within the investments team and with all stakeholders;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work items to maximise your time whilst also delivering an exceptional experience to both internal stakeholders and our members; and
- Outstanding knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Be part of a collaborative and highly driven team who value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings
- Opportunity to learn and grow your career
- High level of role autonomy
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be subject to police and bankruptcy checks.
This role is part of a high performing team who are continuously building their own internal capability. If you are looking to develop your career with one of Australia's leading superannuation funds this is an opportunity for you.