Senior Manager, Business Intelligence and Investigations
Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 3,500 professionals in 28 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world's leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
Kroll's Business Intelligence and Investigations ("BII") practice is world-renowned for our trusted experts, global resources, local insight, and actionable results. As the originator of the modern, independent internal investigation, over our 45-year history Kroll has conducted thousands of investigations worldwide. Clients have entrusted us with assisting them to resolve some of their most difficult and business critical challenges.
Our investigative services include financial, internal, and regulatory investigations, asset searches, brand protection, forensic accounting, dispute advisory services, litigation support, business/market entry intelligence, transaction intelligence, proxy contests, intellectual property infringement and product counterfeiting, and regulatory or court-ordered monitorships.
Kroll's BII practice is staffed with a multidisciplinary team of professionals who include former prosecutors, law enforcement officers and journalists, as well as certified public and forensic accountants, data analytics experts, and certified fraud examiners. Summary of Position
The role of the Senior Manager will be responsible for developing, producing and supporting the investigative case work, dealing with clients and managing complex multi-jurisdictional assignments. Additionally, this role will be responsible for contributing to the on-going development and growth of the Investigation & Dispute Practice.
The role requires a high level of organizational ability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to think strategically, and be commercially focused with an analytical mind. Other responsibilities include:
- Development and management of projects, throughout the life and the engagement: meeting with client to discuss needs, preparation of commercial and technical proposal, agreement of engagement, development of working plan and budget, allocation of resources, direction of project team members, delivery and quality assurance and project invoicing
- Provide expert, reliable and robust analysis of complex situations and data for clients Responsible for the complete
- Act as client contact throughout projects and contribute to management of the client relationship
- Actively be involved in the pursuit of new business and support the delivery of proposals by senior members of the team
- Ensure senior members of the Practice remain up-to-date with the progress of investigation, bringing up issues and findings to the attention of appropriate personnel for resolution and decision making
- Monitors quality of own work product and the work of junior employees, providing guidance and assistance where necessary
- Achieves Personal Billable Hours and Personal Development targets
- Addresses field investigation and related problems as they arise
- Exercise good judgment, demonstrate innovation and adapt working strategy based on results obtained
- Take ownership of project and deliverables and manage workflow and costs effectively
- Ensure ethical conduct, quality of services, use of best practices and compliance with policy and SOPs in each project
- Identify project risks and effectively manage them
- Contribute to the professional development and evaluation of junior project team members
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- 6+ years of relevant work experience as a financial/forensic investigator, forensic accounting, risk assessment in a managerial capacity
- CFE Certification
- Proven ability grasp client needs and to analyze large data sets in order to deliver readily understandable executive reports and dashboards
- Strong team, project and client management experience, along with strong interpersonal skills
- Native or near native fluency in East and Southeast Asian languages preferred but not required
- Proficient in a broad variety of investigative methods
- Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
A key interest in business strategy, global events and markets, with an awareness of working across different cultural and political environments is essential due to the range of cases that will be handled across various industry-sectors.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.