Senior Manager Data Risk and Insights
Do work that matters
- You're motivated & always thinking outside of the box
- We are passionate about offering our staff work life balance
- Together we place customers at the centre of what we do
The Chief Data Office is in place to realise a data-driven organization for Commonwealth Bank Group, solve complex problems around data for the business and activate data for strategic and sustained competitive advantage.
Your team of data management, analytics, information management, decisioning and privacy management professionals, driven to enhance the financial wellbeing of our customer in a safe, sound and secure way.
Collectively the team is defining, designing, developing and delivering the multiple and focused initiatives including capability uplift, best-practice, regulatory compliance, governance and platforms from which the business can use to deliver better customer outcomes. See yourself in our team
To ensure the Group meets our regulatory and compliance obligations and achieves sustainable competitive advantage through data-led decision making, you will need to play a key role in improving and influencing better data risk management across the Group; building a better understanding of data issues across the Group; extracting and reporting insights to senior stakeholders; and responding to internal and external requests for information on progress made with improving the risk and control environment.
This role reports to the Executive Manager - Process Governance and is a central team leader responsible for driving the Groups data management policy and standards to industry standards.
In your role as the Senior Manager - Data Risk and Insights, you will be required to maintain, build and manage productive relationships with other business units and functions including:
Line 1 Risk / Chief Control Offices
Line 2 Risk and Compliance
Line 3 / Group Audit
Other business functions
You will be expected to perform the following tasks & responsibilities in a manner consistent with CBA Values & People capabilities
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Derive actionable insights from Group systems including risk, data governance and data quality tools
- Identify thematic and systemic data issues across the Group and assessing the adequacy of remediation plans
- Manage and ensure the timely closure of issues owned within the immediate team
- Share good data risk management practices across stakeholders
- Support Line 1 and Line 2 teams across the Group to adopt and uplift practices to improve data risk management
- Respond to internal and external requests for information and various reporting requests
- Role model the Groups values through every interaction.
- Support the development and growth of talent to build a world-class team.
- Improving people engagement year-on-year.
- Operate within the CBA Group risk appetite and effectively manage strategic and operational risk related to data.
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Deep understanding of regulatory practices and challenges in Financial Services and/or other regulated environments
- Proven leadership with demonstrated success in influencing and driving change with enthusiasm and achieving measurable performance improvements across large and complex businesses.
- Behaviours aligned with CBA Vision and Values to effectively drive performance outcomes.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills with an acknowledged track record of building positive and productive partnerships at all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate with impact, both written and verbal
- Proven record of demonstrating good judgement
- Appropriate balance of intellectual curiosity and rigor with commercial and operational pragmatism
If this sounds like you - apply today!
- Experience in data risk, data quality and / or data governance
- Relevant qualifications in key disciplines such as risk, audit, data or analytics.
- Experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data and oversight experience.
- Senior manager (or equivalent) role, with change or transformation leadership experience.
- Knowledge of data related regulatory and compliance requirements (CPG 235, BCB 239) and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills including communication, culture change and performance measurement
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 15/10/2020