Senior Manager Financial Crime Intelligence Unit
Do work that matters:
We're undergoing a rapid transformation, and Risk Management is centre stage. You'll be part of a movement where you'll play an integral role in our ongoing commitment to do the right thing by our customers and the communities we serve.
The Financial Crime Intelligence & Investigations team is responsible for management of financial crime intelligence across the CBA Group, including operational and tactical assessments, information collection, and deep technical investigations of escalated Money Laundering/Terrorism Financing matters. See yourself in our team:
No day is ever the same in a Risk role at CommBank. You'll be challenged with new problems and new solutions in a role that allows access to multiple aspects of our business and a variety of project types.
You will be an integral member of the Research & Analytics team within the Intelligence & Investigations function which is responsible for developing methods of research to enhance the group's visibility of criminal activities that are occurring, or are likely to be occurring, within our banking customer base.
This will be done by examining the insights and observations made in intelligence reports and developing testable propositions about how certain probable criminal behaviours might be undertaken within a banking environment. Your team will then be responsible for acquiring necessary data to test these propositions. On any given day you will:
From here you'll go:
- Establish a pipeline of sources and reporting from which a prioritised research plan can be prepared and approved.
- Build out Hypotheses regarding the likely criminal activity being undertaken
- Establish data assets capable of being used to test Hypotheses
- Identify and report back to intelligence and the Financial Crime Risk Committee on criminal networks or other risk behaviours being undertaken within the customer group
- Build out data surveillance and rules based triggers for noted risk types to identify changing behaviours among noted risk groups which may require off boarding or other interventions
- Provide variables or rules to the Transaction Monitoring analytics team
- Develop an approach to Customer Risk Assessment to be deployed in the organisations production model which adequately reflects research findings on discernible ML/TF risk behaviours
- Research and develop approaches to the Customer Risk Assessment which will move that model into continuous improvement relative to our depth of understanding of ML/TF behaviours
- Utilise historical cases and prosecution materials to identify discreet indicators in data that could have alerted FCC to behaviours which were missed. Determine the extent to which those behaviours can be used to accurately predict similar activities.
- Establish a customer centred risk view and models that enable a probability based score or similar approach to be used in determining a customer's risk level.
You'll have a highly valued and visible role. With exposure to complex matters and a variety of stakeholders across the business. From here, the opportunities are endless. We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Deep experience in a senior or leadership role in a research or analytics based function detecting financial crime activity
- Demonstrated technical expertise and experience in quantitative analytics/research background. (Actuarial, Statistics)
- Proven ability to develop rules based models and systems
- Overseas banking experience in related fields with global leading banks
- Successfully lead teams of research / analytics professionals
- Able to be security cleared with Australian Intelligence and Law Enforcement bodies which
- Expert ability to interpret key insights from complex data and deliver concise communications outlining the outcomes.
We need big thinkers who look for opportunity within the framework of regulation and are ready to play an integral role in our transformation.
You'll be a doer, an advisor, and a thought leader. Your past experience and learnings will help ensure we always make the right call.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 30/10/2020