Senior Manager, Franchise Banking
See yourself in our team
Business Bank (BB) offers a wide range of services and solutions to our small to medium, enterprise customers and our regional and agribusiness customers.
We also take care of our personal and institutional online trading customers and our premium personal Private Banking customers.
Commercial Banking (CB) is part of the BB business unit of the Commonwealth Bank. The CB team serves over 10,000 business clients in the medium and large business segment, typically with complex financial needs and turnover >$10m. The division is well placed to provide medium and large companies with access to a wide range of financial services by having 750 professionals in approx. 35 locations across Australia.
The Specialist Solutions team (SS), is a business that sits within the Commercial Bank (CB) but services the needs of clients and we work closely with our other specialist partners in Trade Finance, Global Markets and Asset Finance.
We provide specialist expertise to assist our customers with their working capital and cash flow management needs. Our team members are based throughout Australia. Do work that matters
You will work alongside the Head of Franchise Banking, the Franchise Banking team, and business partners to support in the achievement of the CB Vision and execution of strategic priorities. This role will reach across a wide range of initiatives and projects that involve enhancing the customer experience, generating industry research & insights, preparation of risk underwriting standards, the development and leverage of new tools as well as product and process enhancements. This is done to help the business achieve our vision to Lead Businesses to Tomorrow.
In particular, this role is focused upon developing and driving successful outcomes for a range of initiatives within the Franchise Banking space that assist in the execution of CB strategic priorities as well as providing support to the national front line team. More specifically, you'll be:
- Focus on supporting the banker network with business development opportunities, including input on strategic transactions to incorporate key industry fundamentals, structuring guidance, feedback and recommendations, stakeholder management and other business development activities as required
- Preparation, update and maintain industry underwriting guidelines to support sector growth including peer benchmarking comparisons from both a transactional & client perspective including CBA's comparative offering in the franchising segment.
- Maintain a strong partnership with Risk, including a deep understanding of the credit process with a focus to work collaboratively on key risk themes including regular reporting requirements for both portfolio monitoring purposes and contribution to risk initiatives from an industry perspective
- Builds a network of internal and external contacts in the origination of new business and the retention of existing clients to provide industry knowledge and insights for industry-focused presentations, industry reviews and internal reporting documents
Strategy Development & portfolio management
- Support the Franchise team develop market leading strategies as the business focus evolves into new areas of specialization including implementation of Banker accreditation program.
- Provide analysis in regards to key trends in the industry and portfolio which supports CBA delivering a market leading Franchise strategy to the market.
People and Behaviours
To help us deliver a better future for business banking, you'll have
- Demonstrates the Group's Leadership, Sales and People Capabilities, along with an ability to influence change
- Works alongside the business with confidence, integrity and trust to effectively implement new growth strategies - bringing to life for front-line bankers, specialists, business leaders and ultimately the customer.
- Continue to support the Franchise Banking proposition via the front line banker support, deal team active involvement and participation motivating the right behaviours in order to deliver sustainable revenue results.
- Core skills in data extraction, manipulation, and visualisation
- Strong insights and research ability
- Strong risk experience. All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
- Strong presentation, organisation, and planning/time management skills
- An ability to influence
- A demonstrated positive, open, and expansive approach
- A relevant degree will be an advantage (e.g. Business, Economics, Commerce, or Finance)
- Frontline sales experience is required
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 25/10/2020