Senior Manager Infrastructure
Role: Senior Manager Infrastructure - Run Business Unit: Group Technology Reports to: Director Hybrid Cloud, Infrastructure Type: Full-time, permanent
In GroupTech we're striving to be game-changing technologists, shaping the future of banking. We understand the big picture and focus on things that will move the dial for the Westpac Group.
The Westpac Group has a complex Information Technology environment that needs to deliver to the rapidly changing needs of our customers and employees, the ever-evolving IT landscape and the Group's regulatory and statutory requirements. How will I help?
The Senior Manager Infrastructure is responsible for developing and managing subsets of technology infrastructure service domain in line with Westpac's IT principles to ensure that the Westpac Group's business objectives are met.
What do I need?
- Accountable for operating and supporting Hybrid Cloud Services infrastructure services across legacy mid-range, One Bank Midrange, Off-Site Private Cloud, and Public Cloud infrastructure platforms
- Responsible for maintaining infrastructure platforms in accordance with Westpac IT strategy and principles by managing availability, performance and capacity to ensure that effective infrastructure services are provided to the business
- Oversee issue and incident management, provide broad technical knowledge and coordinate the involvement of infrastructure teams on high severity issues to ensure incidents are resolved within appropriate timeframes
- Accountable for leading, managing and optimising the end-to-end delivery of services in scope, ensuring the provision of robust and reliable services to support infrastructure customers
- Accountable for the identification and mitigation of significant risks within portfolio to ensure effective risk, audit and compliance management
- Develop, prioritise and validate recommendations for service quality improvement to drive continuous improvement and consistent delivery of quality service within Infrastructure
- Provide domain specific input into high-level technology policy making and strategy decisions relating to infrastructure domains to drive the development of effective GroupTech strategy within Westpac
- Drive the operational considerations and identification of new domain specific technologies and oversee their adoption to ensure domain remains innovative and up to date with market leading technologies and industry trends
- Assist in the development of Service and Operating Level Agreements in collaboration with vendors, third party suppliers and business partners to ensure roles and responsibilities of all relevant parties, including third party providers are agreed, understood and adhered to
- Responsible for forecasting, monitoring and control of workforce and financial resources, and for the development of and adherence to HCS Run workforce and financial resources
What's it like to work there?
- Extensive relevant IT industry experience
- Extensive infrastructure management experience in a large-scale technology environment across a wide variety of platforms
- Extensive management experience incorporating managing senior stakeholders and vendors, and financial and project management
- Extensive financial services industry experience desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Business or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Post graduate qualifications desirable
- ITIL foundations certificate desirable
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get lots of perks including some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. How do I apply?
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.