Senior Manager, Investment Risk
Senior Manager, Investment Risk (Colonial First State) See yourself in our team This is a Fixed Term Contract due to end April 2021.
Wealth, DCEO and Program Delivery (WDP) Risk Management act as the risk management function for a range of business units under CBA's 'Wealth Risk Horizontal', including Colonial First State (CFS).
The team provides oversight and guidance to the Colonial First State business to ensure that it has sufficient capability to be compliant with regulations, reduce operational risks and build trust with its customers. Do work that matters
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will provide a consistent and comprehensive oversight of Investment Risk. On any given day you will
We're interested in hearing from people who possess
- Assist Line 1 with the identification of legislative and regulatory mandates;
- Assess adequacy and completeness of the related obligations and risks, and fitness for purpose of the policies, processes and controls to manage obligations;
- Assess compliance with the internal frameworks and policies;
- Evaluate controls over the accuracy, completeness and consistency of the Investment Risk reporting;
- Evaluate completeness and adequacy of non-RAS Investment Risk metrics, triggers and limits;
- Assess adequacy of the stress testing processes and their use;
- Assess adequacy of liquidity forecasting and planning;
- Evaluate operational risks in Investment Process and assess adequacy of the related controls.
- Direct and significant experience of investment risk processes in the Funds/Superannuation industry;
- Excellent communication style, with the ability to influence senior stakeholders;
- Demonstrated Op Risk and/or Compliance experience;
- Strong teamwork focus with excellence in driving results and delivering customer satisfaction;
- Commercial orientation balanced with proven technical expertise resulting in pragmatic and relevant business risk management outcomes;
- Proficiency in data analytics, report and model building - beneficial.
We have a supportive culture that encourages personal interaction and does not tie you to a desk. We come together and learn from one another. We're all about being a proactive and positive function that helps the wider business thrive.
Our team positively contributes to our business' success. You'll be empowered to speak up and make the best decisions to ensure better risk outcomes. From here, the opportunities are endless. CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its CFS superannuation and investments business for total cash consideration of $1.7billion (implying a total valuation of $3.3billion). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS. KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate and credit, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns for its fund investors by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies. The sale is expected to complete in the first half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 26/10/2020