Senior Manager Risk & Control Advisory & Delivery
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you" See yourself in our team
The Financial Services Division partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
The Controls Office team governs and supports the lines of business within Financial Services in achieving excellence in risk management and operating an effective control environment. The Controls Office aims to achieve a demonstrable uplift in risk management and controls activities across Financial Services. Do work that matters
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Oversee and accountable for the design and implement / support the business to design and implement controls and develop process maps to enable better risk and compliance outcomes, providing guidance and advice to senior leaders on their application
- Accountable for ensuring risks are profiled and captured in the Risk Profile (RCSA) and update when risk trigger events occur
- Oversee and guiding others to conduct root cause analysis of issues and incidents, identifying and implementing control improvements
- Accountable for ensuring effective design of controls for all new and changing processes and operations, and support the business through the implementation
- Accountable for data quality in/maintain various databases (including RiskInSite) and monthly management reporting
- Oversee and accountable for Control Assurance Program (CAP) testing, including coaching and guidance to team members on process, the development of test scripts and reporting on assurance findings
- Collate key information for the strategic planning process and provide insights for senior leaders following the analysis, tracking and reporting on the Risk Appetite Statement (RAS)
- Lead team members to drive continuous improvement of the business control environment by using data to generate insights and recommend courses of action
- Provide senior stakeholders with insights and suggested actions with regard to Operational Risk and control profiles, issues, incidents and other matters
- Lead the design and delivery of a change management approach to ensure the achievement of transformation objectives within the BU.
- Partner with and advise Line 2 colleagues to determine and lead out optimal course of action to remediate any significant data integrity issues within the BU/SU.
- CA/CPA Qualification
- Ability to analyse/identify risks and opportunities then recommend appropriate actions and controls
- Facilitation, influencing and consulting skills, the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks would be advantageous
- Risk Mindset -All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 26/11/2020