Senior Manager Risk and Control Enablement
See yourself in our team
- We support a successful business
- We see risk as an investment
- We perform interesting and challenging work
As a member of the Consumer Finance Quality & Controls team you and your team of trusted Line 1 Risk advisers will work closely with the business teams to uplift the risk culture and capability and lead Line 1 operational risk activities. Do work that matters
Reporting to the Executive Manager Risk and Control Enablement, you will support the business to design and implement controls to enable better risk and compliance outcomes. On any given day you will:
We're interested in hearing from people who possess:
- Drive continuous improvement of the business control environment by using data to generate insights and reports;
- Conduct root cause analysis of issues and incidents, identifying and implementing control improvements;
- Oversee the effective design of controls for all new and changing processes and operations, and advise business leaders throughout the implementation process;
- Identify, initiate and manage actions to mitigate risks and to strengthen controls, including issues identified through audits and other external processes;
- Set expectations and manage data quality in/maintain various databases (including RiskInSite) and provide senior business leaders with insights on monthly management reporting;
- Be accountable for ensuring risks are profiled and captured in the Risk Profile (RCSA) and updated when risk trigger events occur;
- Provide guidance to stakeholders to ensure the correct risk and controls overlay the end to end process mapping and documentation management to support the control process;
- Partner with and advise Line 2 colleagues to determine and lead out optimal course of action to remediate any significant data integrity issues within the BU/SU.
- Extensive experience in Operational Risk Management, specifically within Banking/Financial services;
- Strong people leadership skills, including expectation setting, coaching, and performance management;
- Ability to analyse/identify risks and opportunities and recommend appropriate actions;
- Influencing and consulting skills, the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels;
- Knowledge of Operational and Compliance Risk frameworks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 19/04/2020