Senior Manager, Risk and Controls - x15ventures
Let's start by introducing ourselves
- You are an inherent problem solver
- Eager to learn and upskill fast
- You're flexible and embrace change
Hi, we're x15ventures. We're like nothing you've ever seen before. Here to shake up the financial services landscape by delivering customers new products and services that they truly need.
And what sets us apart? We're combining the best of enterprise and start up. Leveraging CommBank's strength, security standards, customer base and brand to deliver ground breaking stand-alone digital businesses. We know that's vague. But it's because we have to be - the stuff we're working on is ground-breaking. By 2024 we'll have launched 25+ businesses. That's no mean feat. And to give you a sense of what kind of impact you could have here, check out one of our latest ventures, Vonto . Where do you fit in?
No one's tried this way of creating new businesses. It's a cross section of limitless opportunity, and huge unknown. Your hands will get dirty, and every day will be nothing like the last. If this excites you, you're in the right place...
We are looking for a seasoned risk professional who is outcomes driven and can understand the risks not just the process. You should have a passion for finding better ways to enable agile teams to manage risk and compliance as part of their everyday, focused on automation. You have experience-solving complex problems are comfortable diving into the detail. Some of your accountabilities are:
The real question: what's in it for you?
- Assessing and managing risks that new digital businesses face, ensuring activities are within risk appetite and comply with legal and regulatory standards.
- Assist with building and maintaining risk management requirements for teams deploying scalable cloud-based solutions.
- Work with range of technology and business experts on end-to-end solutions ensuring risks are understood and managed.
- Be part of a collaborative team promoting best practices.
There's nothing worse than a job where it's Groundhog Day. Where you don't feel challenged, or pushed to be your best. Where you're stuck in a role where there's no growth. Working on things you don't really care about.
Well not here. Here, we promise challenge in spades. Intellectual stretch. Growth, learning and development - every day. Working on things you're truly passionate about. Working side by side with leadership, exposed big decision making, brought in to help solve challenges. Collaboration. The opportunity is limitless.
But there will be uncertainty. And that will lead to some high pressure situations, where you, your work and your actions are highly visible. And that's exciting, right? We hope you think so. But we also hope you recognise, that day in and day out, you're working in a high pressure, high visibility environment. So it could be stressful, and you'll need to be resilient. Are you a perfect match?
Something to keep in mind
- You have demonstrated experience in implementing risk management frameworks within regulated businesses
- You have an analytical mindset with an eye for detail and the ability to negotiate and influence
- You also have passion to learn new skills and take on technical challenges with a positive 'Can-do' attitude would be highly regarded.
- We offer flexible work options to support your emotional and mental well-being in the role;
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at their core
- Amazing development and career progression programs to help you grow!
This role is based at South Eveleigh - our brand new state-of-the-art precinct which will soon be home to 10,000 of our people. We're embedding ourselves in a location that will support our goal to be best in digital. We'll be part of the wider technology community at this exciting location so the opportunity to learn and exchange ideas will be endless
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 02/11/2020