Senior Operations Manager - Collections
Accountable to the Group Collections Manager, this role is responsible for managing the Shared Services and Credit Corrections functions across the secured and unsecured collections portfolios. The role will also oversee the resources responsible for the management of the Collections Business Incidents (BIs) and CAPs. The primary mission is to lead people to execute on their roles and responsibilities and in accordance with the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Manage a team of Shared Services Officer responsible for complex workflows and channels to ensure requests and related activities are actioned in accordance with the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and within agreed service levels.
- Manage a team of Credit Corrections Officers to assess Credit Inquiry, RHI and Default requests in accordance with the decision matrix and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and within agreed service levels.
- Manage the resources responsible for delivering Collections projects/initiatives and resolving business incidents and system issues (BIs and CAPs).
- Manage Proper Officer and Debt Sale Officer to ensure requests are being actioned according to regulatory and contractual timeframes.
- Management of the bureau operational engagement in relation to credit corrections and the broader bank governance of day to day operations (including Business Activity Owner Support responsibilities).
- Oversee the day to day running of the Rhodes office including reception duties (answering phones, greeting guests and responding to general enquiries), office maintenance, incoming and outgoing mail and letter printing/filing.
- Identify and oversee delivery of process improvement/transformational initiatives which will better the customer experience and reduce complaints.
- Identify opportunities to improve operating efficiency and reduce operating expenses.
- Develop and maintain relationships and networks with internal stakeholders such as ICRM, Risk, Product and CRU.
- Supporting professional and personal development of staff through training and skills development.
- Drive a culture of compliance with policy, applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Apply sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability to manage complex operational business across multiple sites and geographies.
- Significant leadership experience in a customer centric environment with complexity and constant change.
- Process improvement - ability to identify and scrutinize process and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of consumer laws and regulations such as NCCP and Banking code of Practice.
- Strong written & verbal communication - communicates confidently, clearly and effectively when speaking and in writing. Persuasive with details and facts.
- Customer lenses - focuses on customers and their needs.
- Demonstrate/proven strong attention to detail and a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and professionalism
- Minimum of 10 years working in a related role.
- Ability to manage complex operational function.
- Senior to advanced level experience with commensurate experience in people management.
Citi has entered into an agreement with NAB to acquire its consumer bank in Australia which includes residential mortgages, deposits, and unsecured lending.
The sale is expected to complete in March 2022. As this is a role to work in Citi's consumer bank, the successful candidate will initially be employed by Citi, but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a NAB (or) a new entity that will employ Citi's consumer bank employees, prior to their transfer to NAB. Job Family Group:
Operations - Collections Default Job Family:
Core Collections Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting