Senior Pricing Analyst
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
This is an amazing opportunity for a Pricing/Actuary Analysts to join us. You will be assisting in developing the Pricing and Analytics for the capabilities of our 4 year old insurance business IAL. Our team are focused on delivering products in a low-cost and innovative way will be Working in a small collaborative and supportive internal team, you will work closely with a range of internal and external business stakeholder, providing a unique perspective on how an insurance business operates from end-to-end. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Efficient extraction and subsequent analysis of internal data for both ad-hoc analysis and reporting purposes
- Provide key insights for consulting and implementation projects
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholder to develop the IAL brand
- Working with Pricing Manager to develop Pricing recommendations to drive margin and growth targets
- Regularly review pricing data to ensure data integrity
Who is IAL?
- At least 3+ year's experience in General Insurance
- Relevant qualifications in Actuarial Sciences or Bachelor in either Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- Strong technical/analytical skills - VBA, SQL and R
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel
- Confident communication skills - You must have the ability to dissect and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Be commercially minded - Ability to manage models within real life parameters and not just hypothetical models
- Be excited by the challenges of working through scaling up products and utilising technology
- Happy to work in a small team with a variety of personalities
IAL provides comprehensive Home, Motor & Landlord Insurance products exclusively through our preferred distribution partners. We are proudly backed by Insurance Australia Group (IAG) - the largest general Insurer in Australia and New Zealand, but very much have our own unique culture.
We have a culture of empowerment, innovation and responsiveness and pride ourselves on our lean operating model and agility. Customers and brokers have access to our most senior managers; and we will employer you as an employee to respond swiftly to our business partners.
We recognize that ongoing engagement with our customers is crucial to the success of our business, along with leveraging a combination of targeted analytics and real engagement with our customers to refine and continually improve our business offering and customer experience. Let's Talk
Click 'Apply' and start your career conversation with Talent Acquisition! Applications close 10th January 2020.
In return, we offer you the opportunity to work closely with an experienced Pricing Manager in a non-traditional insurer. You will be joining us on a journey and will receive mentorship and opportunity grow your technical skills.
So if this sounds like the exciting opportunity you are ready to take on, then apply online today with an up to date resume. #LI-AU