Senior Software Development Engineer
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Software Development EngineerAmazon Web Services (AWS) is the largest consumer cloud offering in the world, powering cutting edge science, rapidly growing start-ups and industry-leading companies.
The AWS Reliability Engineering team builds systems that ensure that our customers can rely on the highest-availability, lowest-latency cloud platform on the planet. We work closely with the teams who own the largest AWS products, building systems to detect and mitigate operational issues before they impact customers. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Software Development Engineer to help us succeed in this mission.
You will lead the team in the design and implementation of systems which automate fault detection, containment, problem diagnosis, and issue resolution across multiple hugely-distributed, always-on architectures. You will work with teams across AWS to drive adoption and monitor usage of of our services, and influence systems development practices for new and existing products. Your goal will be to remove human-error from the day-to-day operations of the massive, always-on, distributed systems which make up AWS.
You will not stop there though - you'll think big and help define the long-term goals and direction for our offerings. You'll design scalable, performant, highly-available services that are critical to AWS's every day operations and then work with the team to implement these.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then we want to hear from you today!
• 6+ years experience in a large-scale software development environment
• Expert skills in Java/C/C++/C# or other high-level programming language
• ML knowledge a plus
• Clear communication and mentoring skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Track record of designing and building complex software systems
• Demonstrated experience with computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.)
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
• Big Ideas
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision
• Excellent at working with and motivating a team
• Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch etc)
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems