Senior Software Development Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
We are building a brand new AWS product right here in Sydney focused on helping our customers drive towards 100% availability of their applications and workloads. Our team works across the full stack - from highly scalable back end services, massively distributed data processing systems and Machine Learning agents to intuitive UX.
We are an established team of developers with years of experience building AWS services. As we build, we grow and we're looking for software developers that are passionate about delivering amazing software to our customers worldwide who can help us deliver on our lofty product goals. We are looking for full stack software engineers with experience in distributed data, scalability, and system architecture and with exceptional technical expertise and fearless creativity.
On our team you will build with a global focus on customers everywhere, bringing your talent for software development at scale and passion for teamwork to bear. You will be helping to lead the team's technical direction as we scale to new orders of magnitude, owning large portions of our problems and helping drive other developers on the team to achieve your technical vision. You will also grow our team by mentoring and participating in hiring decisions.
If you are passionate about building high impact software with new technologies while developing others and delivering an amazing customer experience then our team is the perfect fit for you. Basic Qualifications
• 6+ years experience in a large-scale software development environment
• Expert skills in Java/C/C++/C# or other high-level programming language
• ML knowledge a plus
• Clear communication and mentoring skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Track record of designing and building complex software systems
• Demonstrated experience with computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.) Preferred Qualifications
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
• Big Ideas
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision
• Excellent at working with and motivating a team
• Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch etc)
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems