Senior Software Development Engineer - AWS Redshift
Are you interested in building hyper-scale services in the cloud? Are you interested in embarking the journey of building the next generation database systems and creating an impact on its hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work with world-class, state-of-the-art technologies on a fun, diverse, rapidly growing team in sunny Sydney, Australia? Then you want to join the AWS Redshift engineering team in Sydney!
Amazon Redshift is a fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective to analyse all your data using your existing business intelligence tools
As a Senior Software Development Engineer with Amazon Redshift in Sydney, you will have the opportunity to invent, design and implement system architecture of AWS Redshift at Amazon scale. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define impactful product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You will work on the Redshift cloud platform to improve the technologies that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters globally. You will build out automation of critical operational functions that ensure thousands of servers across multiple data centers worldwide maintain lights on.
The ideal candidate for this role dives into ambiguous problem spaces and meticulously distills out design choices, trade-offs, and priorities. This person demonstrates exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. We seek someone who is data and metric driven, and is obsessively concerned about performance under resource constrained environments.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical, networking and coding expertise with the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud! Basic Qualifications
• 5+ years proficiency in 2 or more programming languages, preferably in Java.
• Proven record in designing and implementing complex systems.
• Passionate about learning new programming languages, frameworks and technologies.
• Familiar with scripting languages such as Shell Scripting, Bash, Python or other.
• Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards such as OOD, OOP & Spring framework. Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years relevant work experience.
• Fundamental knowledge of cloud.
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep experience integrating software solutions, automating manual processes and/or building portals or internal tools.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project
• Strong understanding of system (Linux & Unix) and application performance characteristics