Senior Solutions Architect - Security
Role: Senior Solutions Architect, Security Business Unit: Group Technology Reports to: Head of Architecture, Research & Cybercrime Type: 12 months, Fixed Term Contract How will I help?
Use specialist information security expertise to develop and maintain enterprise security architecture, standards, guidelines and infrastructure. To work within project teams to ensure technology and infrastructure designs are secure whilst evaluating business, security and risk requirements.
Candidate MUST be able to demonstrate:
What do I need? Experience:
- Expert knowledge in the areas of security architecture & security infrastructure
- Ability to review new and existing Information Technology projects for information security compliance by developing, documenting, and communicating adherence to architecture, blueprints, components, standards and strategies
- Provides technical information security consulting in multiplatform IT environments and provides subject matter expert advice as required by project teams
- Working within virtual project teams, particularly on larger projects, to define the security requirements of an application and determining an optimal design for subsequent development
- Strong business and risk analysis skills to drive security outcomes with both business and technical staff
- Consult across a wide variety of information security disciplines including infrastructure security, security solution design, risk management, web and application security
- Outstanding written and communication skills including experience with an executive audience
- Knowledge across a broad range of security disciplines and technologies
- Problem solving, critical thinking and time management abilities
- Working knowledge of international security and risk-related standards or frameworks, including SABSA, ISO-27000 series, CISSP, CISM, 4360
- Experience with a financial services firm or financial applications preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with digital banking solutions are highly desirable
- Experience with technical writing and risk assessment preferred
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and multiple streams of work
- This position requires a criminal background check
- Five to ten years of experience in the Information Services industry, with two or more years in Security Architecture and Solution Design
- Three to five years experience in information security, information technology, risk management, audit or equivalent role
- Has been a member of a project delivery that has successfully delivered a major business solution (application system) into production
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly aggressive timelines to deliver high quality outcomes
- Past working experience and knowledge on online and mobile banking is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to architect complex systems securely
- Past working experience with wider range of stakeholders to collaboratively to deliver secure solutions
What's it like to work there?
- Formal education or certification in information security, information technology, risk management, audit or equivalent discipline
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or a related discipline preferred
- Industry certifications highly regarded
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get lots of perks including some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised
qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. How do I apply?
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.