Senior Specialist, Prudential Compliance
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER • Senior Specialist, Prudential Compliance - Group Risk
• 18-month max-term contract opportunity (parental leave) The Role
A rare opportunity to influence and oversee Prudential Compliance Frameworks, policies and associated Governance mechanisms within IAG. This role contributes to internal readiness and fitness of Prudential Compliance and presents an exciting challenge to a risk manager with governance experience. Key Responsibilities
• Manage the Prudential Governance Committee including maintaining the Charter, performing Secretarial Duties and ensuring appropriate reporting is sent through to provide management with Assurance for compliance with Prudential Standards across the IAG Group;
• Support the design and roll out of the Risk Transformation Program across IAG within the agreed program deadlines;
• Work closely with 1st line Risk Champions, 2nd Line Risk Advisory and 2nd line Assurance team members to ensure sound governance structures are in place to ensure Prudential Compliance across the IAG Group; and
• In conjunction with the Compliance Risk and Regulatory Engagement Teams, manage any breaches of Prudential Standards including notification to the Regulator. Skills & Experience
• Extensive experience (7 years+) in a Risk and / or compliance function within financial services;
• Excellent understanding of financial services compliance and risk methodologies;
• Demonstrated experience in managing key stakeholder relationships;
• Strong experience in framework and policy design;
• Management and process improvement experience;
• Strong capabilities in respect of risk systems and data maintenance;
• Highly-organised forward-planner with high attention to detail;
• Developed verbal communication and influencing skills at board level on prudential-related matters;
• Proven written communication skills including board and paper-writing skills;
• Governance skills (highly desirable);
• Ability to condense complex data points, themes and trends into simple and focused advice;
• Experience in leading a large transformation compliance program of work; and
• Undergraduate degree and/or relevant ANZIIF (or similar) accreditation. About Us
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories; It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications close on Wednesday 27th May 2020.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
At IAG we strongly believe to achieve success we must create a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. IAG have committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on building a diverse culture by creating a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our website: https://www.iag.com.au/reconciliation.