Senior Specialist, Risk Architecture and Governance
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
As an insurer, managing risk is central to what we do. Our ambition is for IAG to be 'leading' in risk management, as we are in so many other elements of our business. It goes to the heart of our purpose: we make your world a safer place.
This role is an opportunity to make a difference within one of IAG's largest programs of work - Project rQ (Risk Intelligence). At IAG we are uplifting our risk maturity by conducting a top-to-bottom overhaul across our organisation, where we'll all challenge ourselves and each other to raise our risk maturity.
The purpose of this role and your unique contribution is to assist in maintaining and improving the Risk Frameworks and Policies to ensure risk management within IAG is compliant, practical and market leading. Ensuring appropriate and effective Governance across the organisation to support the Group's strategic objectives. Key Responsibilities
• Assist with the Annual review of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Risk Management Strategy (RMS);
• Provide input and support with developing or refining key Risk documents to support the RMF and RMS;
• Collaborate with risk colleagues to ensure alignment and consistency of risk frameworks and policies for all risk classes
• Support the team with ad hoc risk reporting, projects or risk initiative
• Assist with the review and consolidation of risk notes to the financial account
• Collaborate across function with asset management, treasury, reinsurance and actuarial to compile the Financial Condition Report
• Ensure updates to frameworks and policies are timely and take into consideration feedback from risk and business stakeholders
• Promote IAG Purpose and Spirit of Closer, Braver, Faster to create a positive, proactive culture across the Risk team Skills & Experience
• Experience in in Risk Management or a related Risk discipline is preferable
• Strong willingness to learn, acquire new skills, continually enhance existing ones and exhibit flexibility.
• Experience in Risk Management or a related Risk discipline is preferable
• Proven relationship/stakeholder management skills
• Proven ability to work collaboratively across whole of function and broader group to reach common approach
• A tertiary degree or equivalent level of industry experience About us
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance. We also have interest in general insurance joint ventures in Malaysia and India.
Our purpose is to make your world a safer place. It is underpinned by our belief that we can make tomorrow safer than it is today for all of the people who count on us. We can make a difference that helps people, communities and society prosper. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications Close Friday 3rd April
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.