Senior Specialist, Risk Architecture and Governance
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
As an insurer, managing risk is central to what we do. Our ambition is for IAG to be 'leading' in risk management, as we are in so many other elements of our business. It goes to the heart of our purpose: we make your world a safer place.
This role is an opportunity to make a difference within one of IAG's largest programs of work - Project rQ (Risk Intelligence). At IAG we are uplifting our risk maturity by conducting a top-to-bottom overhaul across our organisation, where we'll all challenge ourselves and each other to raise our risk maturity.
The purpose of this role and your unique contribution is to asist in maintaining and improving the Risk Frameworks and Policies to ensure risk management within IAG is compliant, practical and market leading. Ensuring appropriate and effective Governance across the organisation to support the Group's strategic objectives. Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Working closely with risk colleagues to ensure alignment and consistency of risk frameworks and policies for the risk classes.
- Provide risk input to support Group processes, including but not limited to development and refinement of the Risk Library, Control Library, Risk Glossary.
- Provide advice and support implementation of the Risk Library, Control Library, Risk Glossary into relevant risk systems, Group and Divisional policies, frameworks, processes as relevant.
- Act as a conduit between Group Risk and business stakeholders to provide relevant and timely advice into the review of Group Risk policies, frameworks, processes.
- Provide input into the annual review of the Risk Management Framework, Risk Management Strategy, and Group Risk Appetite Statement where required.
- Provide input into the development and implementation of the Risk Maturity Model, including collating on the results where required.
- Work collaboratively with risk colleagues to ensure initiatives and deliverables within the Strategy & Frameworks workstream are aligned and integrated across all Project rQ workstreams.
- Track progress and coordinate activities for Project rQ deliverables for the Strategy & Frameworks workstream, providing updates to workstream leads and TPO as required.
- Promote IAG Purpose and Spirit of Closer, Braver, Faster to create a positive, proactive culture across the broader Risk team.
- Continually scan the market for best practice in governance, new and improved approaches to framework and policy design understanding potential impacts on IAG
- Minimum of 10 years in Insurance or Financial Services
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Risk Management or a related Risk discipline
- Proven relationship/stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to influence senior and wide stakeholder groups in course of action and to adapt where other perspectives are valid
- Proven ability to actively keep abreast of changes in external environment and translate into internal environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across whole of function and broader group to reach common approach
- A tertiary degree or equivalent level of industry experience.
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance. We also have interest in general insurance joint ventures in Malaysia and India.
Our purpose is to make your world a safer place. It is underpinned by our belief that we can make tomorrow safer than it is today for all of the people who count on us. We can make a difference that helps people, communities and society prosper. Let's Talk Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications close Friday 3rd April
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.