- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Mainstream Group Holdings Limited
- 15 Mar 18
Mainstream Group Holdings Limited (ASX: MAI) provides fund services underpinned by investment in people, processes and technology. We provide administration services to over 750 funds, more than 105,000 investors and assets in excess of AUD $133 billion. Globally we employ more than 220 people, with operations in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, United States, Cayman Islands, Ireland, Isle of Man and Malta.
5 reasons to work
- Growing company with lots of opportunity for career progression and further promotion.
- Work directly with pre-eminent fund managers and industry leaders.
- Well regarded fund administration experts, from end to end.
- Central location with regular social events.
- Invaluable on-the-job learning and study support.
- Our Clients Come First
- Get it Right, First Time
- Prioritise People
- Be Solution Focused
- Work as One Team
About the role
The Senior Tax Accountant will be a key member of our Fund Administration team and will support the Tax Manager in the preparation and review of client tax reports and the implementation of tax-focused projects across the business. This is a client facing role where you will deal directly with boutique and industry leading fund managers and you will use your financial services experience to assist in delivering expert tax advice and services.
This newly created role will be guided by and work directly with our Tax Manager on numerous projects that will improve tax analysis across our business and for our clients.
Who you are
A degree qualified accountant with a desire to specialise in tax, you will have previous experience in a client facing accounting role, ideally in fund administration or professional services. You will have the following qualification/experience:
- Accounting or Law degree
- Have completed or be working towards completing your CA, CPA, CTA qualifications, or Masters of Taxation
- 4 years’ experience in Australian financial services accounting, with exposure to the income taxation of trusts and LICs, as well as the application of the GST rules to financial services entities
Along with the above technical skills you will also demonstrate:
- Proven experience in delivering a valued service to clients
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong track record of continuous learning and knowledge building