Senior Technical Business Analyst - Terminal Platform
See yourself in this team
- You are an insightful, analytical and experienced Analyst
- We are a diverse team operating in a fast paced, complex, agile environment
- Together we will uplift and enhance our transaction processing in payment terminals and systems.
The Terminal platform team is part of the Retail Commerce team which is responsible for managing and implementing major projects and initiatives within the Merchant Acquiring / Merchant Solutions portfolio of systems. This includes changes to the core interchange communications infrastructure and interfacing applications. They include EFTPOS (CTS - Common Transaction Switch), EFTPOB, RC04, POP, merchant terminals, TMS and very close association with the HP Regional Cards Utility (RCU). Your impact
You will define and understand the business & functional requirements and provide specialist support for projects and operations, gather information and documents. You will analyse business needs and requirements to identify opportunities for improvement in business operations and processes. In this role your focus will be:
- Business analysis planning and monitoring to determine which activities are necessary in order to identify and define relevant stakeholders, select appropriate techniques and processes to manage requirements and constant assessment of progress
- Gather, organise and synthesize large amounts of information from various sources
- Working with stakeholders to understand their needs, concerns and the environment that they operate in
- Effectively communicate requirements to stakeholders, managing conflicts, issues and changes in order to ensure that stakeholders and project team members remain in agreement on solution scope and actual needs as opposed to stated or superficial needs are addressed and adhered to
- Effectively identify and define business needs and problems/issues to enable a feasible solution scope to be developed.
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Assess and document the current state of business to identify and recommend improvements and verification and validation of resulting requirements
- Determine the effectiveness of proposed solutions including the identification any associated risks as well as the risk for not implementing the solution
- Develop documentation including Business Requirements documents and models; concept papers; design specifications and delivery of learning's to end user.
- Convert business needs into functional designs and leads business stakeholders towards functional design decisions
This role is ideal for an experienced Business Analyst with a background in the payments industry. Your knowledge in the payments industry and/ how payment terminals work will be a huge asset in this role. To be successful you will need:
- Strong background in business analysis or process improvement.
- Financial Services industry Experience
- Payments industry experience will be highly regarded
If this sounds like you, apply now!
- Experience working on technology enabled projects
- Detailed knowledge of specific CBA business systems and processes of payment terminals
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 24/10/2020