- Market Leading Financial Markets Development Team - expanding into Sydney
- World renowned Financial Services / Markets organisation
- Java 8 / Scala JVM ecosystem, Low Latency, High Throughput, Resilience
Our client is a Global Financial Consultancy that is currently investing heavily in its Australian financial markets business. This has led to the creation of multiple software engineering roles for lead & senior Java developers with experience working in low latency, multi-threaded, highly complex environments.
The positions are to work in the trading area involved in providing the applications that give banks a competitive edge. Their systems strength is defined by its low latency and resilience which requires lean innovative coding with a constant focus on the business product outcomes. Our Client are looking for strong server-side Java engineers to join their dynamic team in Sydney, to work on next generation financial systems. You will build applications that push the envelope when it comes to throughput, latency, resiliency, all the while making sure that they deliver on-time and within budget.
Our client needs people who can hit the ground running with the typical Java or Scala JVM ecosystem stack (spring and its subproject, guice, guava, maven, hibernate, jetty, etc). But they also know that the technology landscape changes every few years, and we expect to retool continuously. We work with clients in iterative, project-based engagements, where self-organizing and focused teams move quickly to build innovative solutions for the client.
- 8+ years of recent experience in designing complex, large, commercial-grade applications in core server-side Java; Clean coding principles, databases, concurrency, Web Services
- Algorithm and data structures
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Experience with multi-thread and real-time and event-based applications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products is highly desirable
- Node.js, React.js, Angular.js, Java 8, Scala, Functional programming,
- Python, NoSQL, Blockchain, Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS), Containerization (e.g. Docker),
- Microservices, DevOps, CI/CD.
This role would be suited for people coming from a financial markets trading background as a software engineer or a programmer from a similar highly structured, low latency environment.
#JAVA8 #TRADING #DEVELOPER #CONCURRENCY #JVM #ALGOS #LOW_LATENCY #SCALA #FINANCIAL_MARKETS #CORE #WEB #MARKET_DATA #QUANTS #CASSANDRA