Senior data Analyst and Visualization specialist
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story. Job Description:
- 9+ years of data analyst experience with proven track record designing, developing and implementing large scale solutions, to cater for Banking, Financial Services & Insurance industries and Digital Analytics space, have impacted business revenues and user experiences
- Experience in leading a team of Data Analysts for delivering solutions catering multiple business problems
- Strong domain expertise in Banking, Financial Services and Insurance industries
- Strong technical experience in writing complex SQL queries in one of SQL platforms (Oracle/Sql server/Netezza)
- Data profiling and understanding of Legacy systems
- Experience in analytics in the Insurance industry (Pricing, Claims, Product optimization, Customer Lifetime Value modelling, etc.) would be a plus
- Experience in property claims/ personal injury claims, Workers Compensation data and business processes is desirable.
- Experience in providing solution designs for data migration projects from analytical perspective by data profiling the source data to fit in target systems
- Experience in data migration projects with major products like Guidewire, Oracle Revenue & Billing Management (ORMB) and solution designs for data warehousing projects
- Expert skills in one of the ETL tools like Informatica, Clover ETL - with a focus on performance optimization would be a plus
- Should be an expert in Microsoft Excel handling
- Must have some hands-on experience in data visualization tool like Tableau / Qlikview
- Professional certification in Informatica or other ETL tools is a plus
- Must have training or hands on over cloud technology architectures like Azure / AWS
- Excellent professional communication skills (English, written and oral)
- Mathematical thinking, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated
- Ability to think beyond the numbers while addressing real-world business problems analytically by the numbers
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information to none-expert stakeholders and clients
- Proven project management and client-facing skills
- Knowledge in Machine Learning Concepts around NLP / Information retrieval / Recommendation systems is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills. Demonstrable ability to communicate complex concepts to business audiences
- Ability to work effectively in global teams and product owners with different time zones and ready to travel to global client locations.
- Ability to define enterprise class solutions and work with our technical teams to support the delivery of such solutions.
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations and ability to optimize team's resources to achieve business goals.
- Salary Range - >$100,000
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check. About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.