Software Development Engineer - AWS Developer Tools
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
The Builder Tools organization at Amazon is responsible for internal developer tools. We enable our customers to manage their end-to-end software release process (CI/CD), including going from source code check-in, to building those changes, to testing those changes, to deploying those changes, and tracking issues through our ticketing and issue management systems. With thousands of internal developers as our customers, we run some of the biggest and most powerful developer tools on the planet
Our Release Excellence team is looking for a passionate and innovative Software Development Engineers to work on our internal Change Management tools and process. Our job is to make it a pleasure to be an engineer at Amazon by taking the pain out of the mechanical parts of change management. More specifically, we own the tools that Amazon Engineers use to define, review, schedule and execute manual and scripted changes to their customer-impacting systems. We put the developer in control, provide state-of-the-art tools and reveal opportunities for increased safety and automation at Amazon scale.
Ideal candidates are passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale in a cloud-based computing environment. You'll have strong technical skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You like to learn new technologies and industry trends, and get excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges to empower developers and ultimately help Amazon continue to build great software, fast.
If you join us, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work on a highly visible team, helping define how Amazon creates software, influence the success of every software development team (including AWS, Kindle, Retail, Digital, and more) throughout Amazon, and make Amazon the best place to develop software in the world!
Meet Carlos and Nick from the team:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSZv4m79vg Basic Qualifications
• 3+ years of professional software development experience developing high quality code.
• Programming experience with one or more of the following languages - Java, Python, Go, C++, or C#.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
• Knowledge of systems that scale through software (architecture, design patterns and reliability).
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems, taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Exposure to large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph Databases)
• Have mentored software engineers to help improve their skills, efficiency and productivity.
• Hand on experience with AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Dynamo DB, CloudWatch.
• Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Delivered software in an environment that utilises Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.